Maasdam-Boston to Montreal

BM64

We are trying to book the Maasdam for 8/12 but so far are unsuccessful, there are no quad cabins available. My TA can get us on the 8/19 sailing in a cat FF. Does anyone have info on these cabins? We usually prefer a balcony but none are available. Also, any thoughts on this trip in general would be appreciated. Thanks

Brigitte

We did the longer version of this cruise a couple of years ago, Ft Lauderdale to Montreal and had a great time. We love the Maasdam and its facilities and crew so expect good service. good facilities and good food. The stops we made in the Northeast and in Canada were all interesting and worth visiting. We especially enjoyed our visit to Louisberg Fortress, even though it wasn't fully open and Quebec. We stayed for 3 extra days after the cruise in a great B&B in Old Montreal and had a great time there also. If you get a chance to make this cruise I would recommend it.

Have a great next cruise.

We are trying to book the Maasdam for 8/12 but so far are unsuccessful, there are no quad cabins available. My TA can get us on the 8/19 sailing in a cat FF. Does anyone have info on these cabins? We usually prefer a balcony but none are available. Also, any thoughts on this trip in general would be appreciated. Thanks

Brigitte

I am booked on the MA June 24 Montreal to Boston. on a Suite. I was originally booked for August but i changed my mind because the warm weather. Seems like June will be nicer.

Any way, the FF cabin are in the main deck. Bottom of the ship either forward or towards the back. Noisy area. My sister took t=one of those cabins last year . I know that Canada New England sells out very quickly and almost every sailing date has ran out of verandas for 06!!

Once you sail on a cabin with balcony you get spoiled!!

If you are willing to change your sailing date i am sure that my TA can get you a Minisuite or a Suite for June 24th. They have a block of cabins for a group that they have on that date.

Let me know

Laminar

Thank you Laminar, I wish we could go earlier in the season. My DH competes in Ironman USA and that is the end of July so June is prime training season. We are locked into August but from what you have said I'm thinkning I'm not going to be happy in that Cat cabin. HMMM!!

You may want to try the cat DA or D. Do not book the cat C because people can see through the windows when walking on the lower promenade deck.

I just emailed my TA and they told me that they have cat DA and D available for your desired sailing date. If you want their email add or phone number i can send it to you privately. let me know.

take care

Laminar

We booked months ago in order to get our "S" suite. We have taken this cruise the last two years in a row and are doing it again this summer back-to-back. We love sailing out of our 'hometown', Boston, to Montreal and then staying aboard and sailing back to Boston. We're booked for August 5 and August 12. This is a very popular cruise and it seems to sell out of prime cabins rather early.

Keep checking though. There are always cancellations for one reason or another....particularly when final payment is due.

Good luck. Hope you get the cabin you want.

I thought the DA and D cabins did not accomodate for quad occupancy. That is the issue we need a quad cabin.

Sail-

You live in a great city, I'm a BC graduate and loved every minute of being in Boston. I think we will take your advice and just keep checking. I know my TA will stay on top of it. Hopefully we will see you on board for the first leg of the trip.

I hope a cabin frees up for you, BM.

BC's a great school. Happy you enjoyed Boston. Our city gets better and better..... and having HAL sail out of Black Falcon certainly is an 'enhancement'. :)

Hope to see you on Maasdam in August.

Sail,

I have a question for you or anyone else who may have had experience with this. Spoke to my TA today who said we could waitlist for this trip but HAL would require a $1000 deposit to do this. What she needed to look into is how long they would hold the deposit if nothing became available because I wouldn't want book anything else then lose this money if a cabin opened up. Thanks for your help.

Brigitte

Archived