grand princess 20th December till 22nd of January

1 hour ago, ceeceeDee said:

Oh dear. A Karen in the wild!!!!!!!!! What IS it with these people?! Were they never taught manners as a child? And do they really think that being obnoxious is going to make people want to help them? If I were a part of her family (heaven forbid), I would have dragged her away and told her to stop acting like a badly brought up toddler!!! She's just an embarrassment to herself. I won't tolerate rudeness especially from family (not that my family is ever rude (at least not in my hearing!). And there is NO excuse for profanity and name calling. Sheez! Stick her in a wheel chair and 'accidentally miss the gang plank' 😠

2 hours ago, yes!yes!yes! said:

we encountered a nasty woman  in the luggage drop off area.

she was really nasty to one of the crew. yelled at him asking if he had ever been in pain, told him to f... off. called him a p...k. she had demanded a chair and there are none. he said he could arrange for a wheelchair  when boarding starts. and thats when she went off. her family  all hung their heads in shame/embarrassment. security were called.

we spoke with the  staff person and security  offering to give a statement.

she should not be allowed on board.

we will give her a wide berth when we see her on board 

On a lengthy cruise we often saw an obnoxious man, usually in the trivia sessions, making loud comments usually about the pronunciation of the trivia presenter, smiling broadly and looking around to see who heard him. This went on day after day. We nicknamed him bogan man.  Then one day something very serious must have been said to him, as he was meek and quiet for the rest of the cruise - I'm guessing they threatened to put him ashore if he didn't behave 🤔

• Like 1

8 hours ago, NSWP said:

We need a review on the Princess Cruises Pie effort, Neil. Although I just noted they serve Mrs Macs, that is cheating, lol.

I'll be on the case from 10-Feb Les - expect a full review of all things pie related 🙂 

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Jean C said:

This is really handy when you're considering a quick meal in Horizon or going to the MDR. I've never seen a page like this before. Having said that, on our last cruise a lot of paperwork relevant to our cabin, ie kids club info, went to the single lady next door. It took her a few days to realise it was probably meant for us and passed it over.  You don't know what you don't know so we didn't realise we were missing anything!

we had this on our Christmas cruise too

Ugh! Why do Princess insist on ruining good dishes, like that pork rib-eye with that fake maple syrup glazing on accompaniments. It tastes vile! I love real maple syrup but that stuff is just nasty.

3 hours ago, yes!yes!yes! said:

we didn't make it thru the first sound today. too windy

That is a shame, I was looking at the tracker this morning and Grand was pretty close to Milford Sound at the time, so at least they gave it a try. Not to start any unhappiness aboard, but Azamara Journey had already made it successfully into Milford Sound this morning. Sure, they are a bit smaller and have more clearance.

26 minutes ago, Womble99 said:

Who was following Grand through the sounds today?  Couldn't quite make them out through the mist but they looked to have a dark hull.

Azamara Journey.

While Grand decided not to enter Milford Sound, Azamara Journey was already inside. Grand headed south to the other sounds and Journey followed after they exited Milford Sound. They are still stalking you to Dunedin, approx 25 miles behind.

On Grand now in a mini suite on Dolphin deck. Woke up this morning to soaked carpet for about half of the cabin.  Have had a drier going all day and still not dry.  They are coming tomorrow to do balcony maintenance and suction the carpet. 

13 hours ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

That guy is so high energy, he makes me feel exhausted just watching him. 🤣 He puts on a great show though.

he gets on my nerves a bit expecting the audience to sing a long and participate all the time.

10 hours ago, arxcards said:

Azamara Journey.

While Grand decided not to enter Milford Sound, Azamara Journey was already inside. Grand headed south to the other sounds and Journey followed after they exited Milford Sound. They are still stalking you to Dunedin, approx 25 miles behind.

now I know why I feel like I'm being followed 

• Like 1

I enjoyed the British invasion show again last night.

the love and marriage show wasn't very entertaining. the couples were boring. I think nick could have enticed some more fun out of the couples.  I don't think Karen the cruise director is that great.

we are in port Chalmers. it looks like a nice day. I think its only going to be 21 degrees. a bit cold but sunny 

we are going to get off this time.

will wait until after morning trivia.

9 hours ago, 2022cruisey said:

On Grand now in a mini suite on Dolphin deck. Woke up this morning to soaked carpet for about half of the cabin.  Have had a drier going all day and still not dry.  They are coming tomorrow to do balcony maintenance and suction the carpet. 

oh no. did it get in the wardrobe ? 

have you noticed in the explorers lounge there is often a leak in the ceiling in the raised area

just my observation. I think this cruise has a lot more scruffy people than the Christmas cruise. less kids.

some people look like they haven't washed for a week. dirty hair and clothes.

its disappointing