2nd December 14 night cruise on Britannia to the Caribbean trip report

Technoman2

We've also just spent the week managing fundraising auctions at  Ally Pally for the world darts Finals. Back again next week after a short Xmas break

4,000 approx people drinking more alcohol than you would think humanly possible

The biggest party atmosphere you would ever see

Pretty much everybody leaves drunk. Security have to throw out a handful every session 

Always a tiny tiny minority who can't enjoy themselves without spoiling it for others

Don't ever let a tiny minority spoil your enjoyment anywhere or cloud your views when the vast vast majority of people are fine

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Interestedcruisefan said:

We've also just spent the week managing fundraising auctions at  Ally Pally for the world darts Finals. Back again next week after a short Xmas break

4,000 approx people drinking more alcohol than you would think humanly possible

The biggest party atmosphere you would ever see

Pretty much everybody leaves drunk. Security have to throw out a handful every session 

Always a tiny tiny minority who can't enjoy themselves without spoiling it for others

Don't ever let a tiny minority spoil your enjoyment anywhere or cloud your views when the vast vast majority of people are fine

Totally agree. Not the same thing but we shopped in Asda on Friday. It was completely manic and the queues for check out unreal. BUT I'd say 99% of folk were great and kept cheerful. Just 2 who opening ignored the system.. to be honest one seemed genuinely oblivious and pushed in. One young person .. words fail. She knew exactly what she was doing .. once she'd got her face out of her phone.

You know that saying something just causes a fuss so everyone just tutted and rolled their eyes. It wasn't work the confrontation ..

It made me cross though and I was really cross when we left. Looking back it was one person out of the hundreds of lovely people we met and shared a joke with who clouded my judgement of the visit..  

OK it's not a cruise ship but hope you know what I mean!!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 12/22/2023 at 6:15 PM, vrodpaul said:

every days a school day!!!!! after quite a few cruises this one was the first time we found out about square toast at breakfast, so much better than standard

May I ask what was different about the square toast? I’m on Britannia in Feb and I don’t remember the toast from my last trip 😂

1 hour ago, Glitterati said:

May I ask what was different about the square toast? I’m on Britannia in Feb and I don’t remember the toast from my last trip 😂

It was odd , the last few days of the cruise they served full pieces of toast from a basket in the dining room instead of the ususal half slices in a toast rack. They said it was an experiment. Perhaps one slice less for evey customer or reduce the weight the ship is carrying getting rid of toast racks. Have a good trip in Feb

36 minutes ago, Technoman2 said:

It was odd , the last few days of the cruise they served full pieces of toast from a basket in the dining room instead of the ususal half slices in a toast rack. They said it was an experiment. Perhaps one slice less for evey customer or reduce the weight the ship is carrying getting rid of toast racks. Have a good trip in Feb

Ah I see!

for me, I’d rather have less toast as long as it’s hot or at least warm by the time it gets to me! It’s an issue I have with the toast in the buffet- they seem to pre-toast it now. I miss the days of cook to order! 

Tend to give it a miss and just make a bacon sandwich 😂

Thank you- I’m looking forward to it. Read a lot of mixed reviews about cut backs but a holiday is what you make of it! 

Edited by Guest

10 hours ago, Glitterati said:

Ah I see!

for me, I’d rather have less toast as long as it’s hot or at least warm by the time it gets to me! It’s an issue I have with the toast in the buffet- they seem to pre-toast it now. I miss the days of cook to order! 

Tend to give it a miss and just make a bacon sandwich 😂

Thank you- I’m looking forward to it. Read a lot of mixed reviews about cut backs but a holiday is what you make of it! 

You will find it a lot more relaxing to have breakfast in the Dining rooms rather than the buffet but getting there before 9.30 am can be a bit tedious for some guests. Also some of the starters at dinner can be a bit small so i would ask for a ceasar salad with for example the tiger prawn starter. Also you can have bot a pudding and Cheese and biscuits if you a peckish. I particularly enjoyed the Stonebass fish fillet and the Turbet fish fillet was very nicely presented with the veg. Enjoy.

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/22/2023 at 6:48 AM, Technoman2 said:

But throwing her boobs out whilst in the ruckus should be a determining factor. I kid you not.

Any photographic evidence of this? Asking for a friend.

• Like 1
  • Haha 6