Anthem-Royal Up to Suite?

bayportkat

We currently have an ocean view balcony room on Anthem of the Seas. We got the Royal Up email recently and while I know it is an individual decision, I would love some advice/opinions as to what may be worth a bid. We have a great price and are ok staying in our balcony room, but hav never stayed in a suite. It is an anniversary trip so we are considering a Junior Suite or Grand Suite bid.  My husband has the soda package and I have the refreshment package. We don’t drink. We purchased the internet package and enjoy some of the shows.  We usually eat in the main dining room for dinner and wherever works out for lunch. We only get off the ship at CocoCay-are thre any suite benefits there?

Any information you can share on amenities or advice regarding suites would be appreciated.

Successful bids these days are a rarity. Sailings are over 100%. You are banking on not only being the highest bidder, but that there will also be any cabins available that you are bidding on. Being the highest bidder alone means nothing. With that said, there is no bid amount that is meaningful other than what YOU are comfortable paying for. What may win on one itinerary is 100% irrelevant to your itinerary

• Like 1

Internet is included with a GS or higher so you could recoup some of the upgrade cost by cancelling the package you have booked now if you win.

Coastal Kitchen is a nice benefit (dinner only for JS if there is availability, but there likely would be.) We enjoyed the food there over the specialty restaurants, and service is top notch.

The suite reserved seating in the royal theater is on the balcony. I preferred the lower levels unless you manage to get the front row on the balcony.

I think one of my favorite benefits, silly as it sounds, is not having to check out pool towels. Just flash the suite SeaPass card at the attendant and take however many you want without worrying about the potential charges if you fail to return them. Makes you feel special. 😉 

Be prepared whatever you bid that if you win, you have to take the upgrade.

• Like 2