Port of Miami

I read a lot of complaints last year about traffic jams in and out of Port of Miami due to construction and road closures. Just wondering for those who cruised in December if the issues were any better or worse? Are they trying to improve the flow in and out of,there? It’s been a couple of years since we’ve cruised out of Miami and we never had any real issues.

Our first experience with PortMiami traffic was for a January 2020 cruise.  We live just north of Fort Lauderdale and drove.  When we arrived between 10:30 and 11 am the traffic was at a standstill.  Two large ships (MSC - which we were taking - and Norwegian) were docked next to each other and still disembarking passengers while, of course, embarking passengers were arriving. 

For our December 9th cruise we took an Uber.  The round trip cost was just about the same as parking for 7 days plus the aggravation factor was nil.  We arrived in the same time frame and the driver had no issue getting the car to the curb.  On the return the pick up was chaotic (lots of people in a relative small space looking for their Uber/Lyft rides) but once in the car our driver got us out of the port without any issue.  I vaguely remember a traffic warning side leaving the port about a traffic pattern change starting soon for accessing I95 north but that was all I noticed.