QM2 Daytime Entertainment on long voyages

bunny76

O/H is keen to do the 35nt cruise to Caribbean on QM2 in Jan 25.

I hate flying and love sailing from Southampton so it sounds good.

However-I'm dragging my heels re booking as there would be 18 sea days altogether and wondering if I would get bored in the afternoons?

Do they put on extra afternoon entertainment on such longer cruises? 

Can anyone tell me the kind of entertainment offered in he afternoons for a long voyage on QM2?

We've thoroughly enjoyed all our previous Cunard cruises - most of them 3 or 4 days but including a 12 night cruise on Queen Vic to Canaries and also recently a 7nt cruise on QM2 to Norway.

1 hour ago, bunny76 said:

O/H is keen to do the 35nt cruise to Caribbean on QM2 in Jan 25.

I hate flying and love sailing from Southampton so it sounds good.

However-I'm dragging my heels re booking as there would be 18 sea days altogether and wondering if I would get bored in the afternoons?

Do they put on extra afternoon entertainment on such longer cruises? 

Can anyone tell me the kind of entertainment offered in he afternoons for a long voyage on QM2?

We've thoroughly enjoyed all our previous Cunard cruises - most of them 3 or 4 days but including a 12 night cruise on Queen Vic to Canaries and also recently a 7nt cruise on QM2 to Norway.

Try a TA to get a taste of being onboard for seven nights straight. See if you like it. I found that at the end of a TA I look back at the week’s activities and can’t believe how much I missed participating in. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

There is no extra entertainment added for the afternoon. Like previous poster I did a 7 day T A back to back and couldn’t believe where the time went. Pushpit in his review of a recent T A uploaded all the daily programmes. So we’ll worth looking at. Apart from the speakers the format doesn’t change. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Having done 14, 21, 24 and 56 nights (+ others of course) onboard Queen Mary 2 all I can say @bunny76 is that our only problem with the entertainment is fitting it all in.

Of course, having said that, one does need a broad interest & outlook across many subjects.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Indeed when one has nothing to do - no cooking, no bins to take out, no tidying up - it's amazing how fast the time goes. On Crossings (and other westies) even 25 hour days aren't long enough to fit everything in.

I've commented elsewhere that unfortunately (in my view) there aren't so many Insights in the afternoon, but sometimes the speaker will do a less formal Q&A after lunch. But there will be plenty of music events, maybe a classical concert in the Royal Court Theatre and recitals. There's the planetarium, they may put a movie on. Trivia, art classes, TV rugby or football matches in the Golden Lion, various meet-ups for veterans, those getting over dependency issues, freemasons, LGBTQ+ (these are not all in the same place!),  plus of course Afternoon Tea. 

Here's a random sea day from QM2 a few weeks back, as noted all of the Programmes from that Crossing are in the relevant thread. Other sailings, including on QE and QV, are quite similar.

image.png.4cc9bc1addb2319e13c9228c20ee568e.png

• Like 1

Thank you Pushpit- that's helpful -it seems quite similar to shorter cruises- I do hope there will be an afternoon insight lecture.

"Indeed when one has nothing to do - no cooking, no bins to take out, no tidying up - it's amazing how fast the time goes.".😂  yes indeed 

• Like 1