Teen Club

luv4cruises

We recently booked Alaska for June on Discovery.  We’ll be traveling with 13 and 11 year old grandchildren. I’m worried about the teen program for an introverted 13 year old girl. 13-17 seems like a huge age range. Is the Beach House just a place for teens to hang out with no structured activities?  Any info cruisers with young teens would be greatly appreciated,  TIA. 

I think 13-17 is a big age range too.  My introverted 13-year-old refused to even check out the teen club.  He preferred to hang with me or sit in the cabin playing on electronics.  My 12-year-old son loved the club for his age, but my 10-year-old daughter hated it.  On the bright side, my 13-year old took my 10-year old to see the production show so their dad and I could enjoy some adult beverages & dinner that night.  I doubt he would have done that back home. 🙂

Good Morning!!

Are there any more cruisers who have travelled with young teens?  I’m eager to hear your experiences before we invest a lot of money for our June Alaska cruise. 

Thank you so much!

28 minutes ago, luv4cruises said:

Are there any more cruisers who have travelled with young teens?

Yes, we have but not on Princess. (Sorry)  However...I *think* that the scenario might not be that different between cruise lines.  I know for a fact that our teens (15-17) used the club (Carnival) primarily as a "meeting spot" once they had met some new friends and then they would hit out to other spots on the ship.  I don't know that I would be comfortable with that lower age range doing this...but at least on Princess you can always "find" them via the Medallion.  They can't really go that far, can they?