Tokyo with Viking

millybess

We will be in Tokyo in April.  We have a private guide for the 3 days we are there.  We need to come up with an itinerary for him.  Any suggestions on what's not to be missed in Tokyo?  Thank you!🙂

Seems to me that you hire a private guide because of local expertise, which includes suggesting an itinerary after ascertaining your interests.

In my opinion Kyoto is not to be missed, but it's not in Tokyo.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, millybess said:

We will be in Tokyo in April.  We have a private guide for the 3 days we are there.  We need to come up with an itinerary for him.  Any suggestions on what's not to be missed in Tokyo?  Thank you!🙂

Meiji Shrine (Harajuka is close by, said to be the area where the world’s fashions start) there’s a McDonalds there too 😀

Imperial Palace

Shibuya crossing

Tokyo Tower (have dinner there in McDonalds 😀)

and many more, check out the tours offered by v i a t o r

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, millybess said:

I’ll get you the name of the youth hostel where I stayed in 1983. I’m sure you’ll want to squeeze that in during 3 days and nights in Tokyo. Why stay on the ship when you can experience local color?

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, SJD117 said:

I’ll get you the name of the youth hostel where I stayed in 1983. I’m sure you’ll want to squeeze that in during 3 days and nights in Tokyo. Why stay on the ship when you can experience local color?

Haha!  Thanks, but no. 

• Like 1

On 1/6/2024 at 3:34 PM, shipboy said:

Shibuya crossing

Close to there is the statue of Hachiko, which was the dog that went to the train station everyday to wait for his master, even though the owner had passed away.  Made into a US movie starting Richard Gere.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, taiwan_girl said:

Close to there is the statue of Hachiko, which was the dog that went to the train station everyday to wait for his master, even though the owner had passed away.  Made into a US movie starting Richard Gere.

Thanks.  I didn't see the movie, but read about the dog.

27 minutes ago, JM0115 said:

Can you add a day trip to Matsumoto or Mt Fuji?

Matsumoto is about a 3 hour trip by car and around a 5 hour trip by train from Tokyo.  I suppose it’s doable as an overnight.  Looks beautiful!

We will go to Mt. Fuji when the ship stops at Shimizu.

4 hours ago, millybess said:

Matsumoto is about a 3 hour trip by car and around a 5 hour trip by train from Tokyo.  I suppose it’s doable as an overnight.  Looks beautiful!

We will go to Mt. Fuji when the ship stops at Shimizu.

It’s a long day but doable.

in any case, enjoy your trip!