Los Angeles to Papeete

mhconley

I see Oceania has an 18-day cruise aboard Nautica January 8-26, 2025. I am retiring on December 31, 2025 and want to take this exact cruise in January 2026 followed by 3-4 weeks on several islands in French Polynesia. Anyone know when Oceania will release their 2026 itineraries?

Martin 

• Like 1

On 1/9/2024 at 1:15 PM, mhconley said:

I see Oceania has an 18-day cruise aboard Nautica January 8-26, 2025. I am retiring on December 31, 2025 and want to take this exact cruise in January 2026 followed by 3-4 weeks on several islands in French Polynesia. Anyone know when Oceania will release their 2026 itineraries?

Martin 

I received the 2024-2025 "Tropics and Exotics" brochure (which had South Pacific sailings through July 2025) in fall/winter 2022 (guessing Sept/Oct 2022 from fare expiration date). That is apparently not this year's schedule though (maybe due to Allura schedules being released in September 2023).

This does sound like a wonderful cruise for retirement, but I would want to do it on a new ship.  My DH and I really enjoyed Tahiti many years ago, but did not do it on a cruise, so living near the West coast would also be a benefit.  I hope it all works out for you!

16 hours ago, Lastdance said:

This does sound like a wonderful cruise for retirement, but I would want to do it on a new ship.  My DH and I really enjoyed Tahiti many years ago, but did not do it on a cruise, so living near the West coast would also be a benefit.  I hope it all works out for you!

DW and I visited French Polynesia in early 2001 to celebrate a significant promotion. We left SFO in winter, arrived at Faa'a in summer, celebrated the spring equinox, then traveled back home to autumn. Four seasons in three weeks. We spent five nights each on Moorea, Bora Bora and Rangiroa, all in overwater bungalows, bookended with nights on Tahiti. It's why we went to return... I thought cruising there and flying home would be nice if we can make it work. RSSC has a cruise from Honolulu to Tahiti and Silversea has a cruise from Chile to Tahiti but both are very pricey. RSSC even goes from Miami to Tahiti but it's even more expensive. One way cruises are few and far between.

Martin

• Like 2

We did Papeete to Sydney on the Marina in 2014. Then in 2017 we did LA to Papeete on the Sierina 21 days.

Hoping to book Jan 8 2025 LA to Papeete 18 days They are skipping a port in Hawaii.

First time we did Tahitt was in 94 on the Windstar. 

Edited by Acrusa

4 hours ago, Acrusa said:

We did Papeete to Sydney on the Marina in 2014. Then in 2017 we did LA to Papeete on the Sierina 21 days.

Hoping to book Jan 8 2025 LA to Papeete 18 days They are skipping a port in Hawaii.

First time we did Tahitt was in 94 on the Windstar. 

Lahaina?  We are missing that one in May; however, we have hiked the NaPali Cliffs and been on all the islands, even Molokai several times, so we decided not to cancel, even though we will dearly miss Lahaina!  Actually, I think the cruise is a little overpriced now, but we had over 2,000 in OBC, so will return with some $$.  

That sounds like a very nice cruise!