Cruise Critic Feature: Live From Ecuador: What’s It Like Cruising in the Middle of a Coup?

3 hours ago, LauraS said:

What's it like cruising into the middle of a coup? We report live from Ecuador

View the full article

Wow, Laura, this is very enlightening.  Not sure I'd have the courage to actually make the trip.  Fingers crossed for these intrepid travellers.  My little brother from Minneapolis is in Ecuador but a 'couple of hours' away from the turmoil.  He better keep his head down.  And I hope these cruisers get safely on their ship and away.  Thank you for posting this.

• Like 1

On 1/11/2024 at 6:59 AM, LauraS said:

What's it like cruising into the middle of a coup? We report live from Ecuador

View the full article

Well.. It’s gang violence, not a Coup. We motorcycled Ecuador mere days after serious gang issues a while back. No issues if one keeps to daylight activities. Much like sketchy areas in Chicago, Philly, Detroit…don’t wander around at night. Using hire-cars instead of walking, etc etc. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, LocoLoco1 said:

Well.. It’s gang violence, not a Coup. We motorcycled Ecuador mere days after serious gang issues a while back. No issues if one keeps to daylight activities. Much like sketchy areas in Chichilly, Detroit…don’t wander around at night. Using hire-cars instead of walking, etc etc. 

I grew up in Minnesota and have gradually come to the realization that Minnesotans just deal with anything and everything without drama.  I'm still a little bit that way, but I admire people who just carry on with a sense of adventure and great common sense.

• Like 1