Refund timeline- I canceled shore excursions pre-cruise

ocean sounds

Hi, Princess cruisers, 

Recently took advantage of drop and go low fare for a cruise on February 5. .  Naturally, only a few excursion# remained open, so I booked what I could.  As spots became open on tours I had on my wish list, I canceled booked tours on the Princess website .  Then purchased tours I preferred. Canceled 4, plus a debarkation tour/transfer.  

i never received email confirmation of the cancellations. Is this normal on Princess?  When should I expect to see refunds?  I assume like other lines, the refund should automatically be refunded to original form of payment?  I’ve cruised Princess in the past, but this is the first time I’ve dealt with purchased items that I have canceled pre-cruise.  I tried offshore center customer service, but didn’t get any advice.  

thanks for any info,

53 minutes ago, ocean sounds said:

More info:  Cancellations occurred 15 days ago.  

Offshore group said they can see the cancellations. Just don’t know how or when the refunds happen 🤦🏼‍♀️ .  

TIA for any info

15 days ago, you should see those refunds on your credit card by now.  Check the cc again.

You do not get an email from them when you cancel.  When you check the website and travel summary, do you show your new excursions booked?

It usually is about 7 days later on your cc, depends on your bank.

If you cancel within 3 days of sailing or OB, it will show as obc on your folio.  This is not the case, unless the refund dept

made an error.

If you booked with a TA/CVP check with them.  If you booked directly with PCL, call again on Monday, during the day and make sure to pick book shore excursions option.

• Thanks 1

We canceled one and it came back half on one credit card and half on another.  We had to call to figure out what was going on.  No explanation of why.  It was bought using one credit card.  

• Thanks 1

See this recent thread on the same topic.  You will either need to call them to trigger the refund or look for it as refundable OBC when you board.  And if you do the latter I'd suggest that you take along proof of the payments you made just in case it doesn't appear on your onboard folio.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Thank you @azbirdmom , @joetop2467 , @PacnGoNow for your feedback.

I’ll definitely follow up to trigger the refunds!   And thank you for the recent thread on the topic.  

Wish me luck!  Still 23 days before I board, but I want my money back 😂 (not more OBC) 

Thanks, all !

Edited by ocean sounds
Bad typing
  • Like 3