Roof Top garden Grill on Ascent

sun bum

2 hours ago, sun bum said:

Is the RTGG open everyday for lunch and dinner? The app shows where you can make reservations for dinner but how about lunch? 

We were on the Edge recently and I recall that the Roof Top Grill was open for lunch on sea days but not port days. I would expect the Ascent to be the same.

We had lunch there on the last sea day and no reservations needed, it was us and 1 other table.

Edited by jelayne
Added
  • Like 1

We were on the Dec 10th sailing and the Rooftop was only open for dinner. AND in case of rain (we had a ressie on a night it rained) they canceled reservations and closed the restaurant. Honestly it wouldn’t have been any fun eating there in the rain as it’s a very open restaurant. Sadly the restaurant didn’t contact us to cancel so we ran in the rain to find out the restaurant was closed. The maitre was very nice and called down to the MDR restaurant of our choice and had a table ready for us…and moved our reservation to the Rooftop to the next night. I love the Rooftop. I think it’s some of the best food onboard….but I would love to see on future versions of this ship, to make it more weather friendly.  You’ll love it and we highly recommend eating there. 

• Like 1