Favorite Dishes

Clay Clayton

11 hours ago, LindaS272 said:

Just got back from Italy—Sorrento, Naples, Tuscany. Sad to say that Viking’s version of pizza would have the Neapolitans rioting in the streets…! 😹🍕

Well put Linda!   We just did in Feb/Mar Sorrento (1 week), Naples, and Umbria.  Died and gone to heaven.  Never had such great pizza!!   But I didn't like Viking pizza before either.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
Posted (edited)
On 1/24/2024 at 6:29 PM, FetaCheese said:

IMG_20240124_183050516.thumb.jpg.6d33451c8803a9f8efa3e7bf880c4860.jpgJust off Star.

Had Lamb Shank in The Restaurant.  Was one of the best meals on voyage. Braised  tender, falling off the bone, and seasoned to my liking, really a huge shank (from hind quarter --  larger and meatier than forequarter shank which has a longer, thinner leg bone).  Prepared just like Greek Style.

Exec Chef was Joseph Dabassious, a real pro.

Nice, I wish I'd seen that on our most recent cruise.   Why is it that the menu varies from ship to ship?   Sadly, what we got on Orion was abysmal.   In Taiwan, our tour guide explained that when they printed the signs for the excursions, all of them had been printed "Viking Onion".   They reprinted them properly.  But maybe that was an amazing coincidence?

Edited by Messybill
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1