Escape - Cabin 11706 - Forward facing suite

I just read a review on Shipmates about Cabin 11706, a forward facing haven suite on the Escape. It was a mediterranean /Greek isle cruise, and the poster said the wind coming off the front of the ship created such suction that it pulled at the balcony door all night, creating constant loud noises that sounding like screaming children. Think this was just a fluke? I can't imagine the ship was going fast. Those islands are so close together. That's the cabin we booked 😆

Edited by CruisingSince1982

• CruisingSince1982 changed the title to Escape - Cabin 11706 - Forward facing suite

Did the review happen to mention whether they had the balcony door handle fully locked? We were just in a forward facing suite on the Sun and I noticed the same sound one day. However, when I checked the door I realized we hadn’t turned the handle down fully into the locked position and it was allowing just enough air in to cause that screaming sound. I know it’s a different ship, but maybe that’s what they experienced too?

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, AnnaRae said:

Did the review happen to mention whether they had the balcony door handle fully locked? We were just in a forward facing suite on the Sun and I noticed the same sound one day. However, when I checked the door I realized we hadn’t turned the handle down fully into the locked position and it was allowing just enough air in to cause that screaming sound. I know it’s a different ship, but maybe that’s what they experienced too?

That's exactly what I was going to say. We just got off a forward cabin on the Pearl and would have that whistle anytime the ship was in motion and we didn't have the outside door looked.  We would often keep both door open when in motion without any noise/issue but once closed the inside door was closed, we had to have the outside door fully locked for silence.