Cold soup or hot soup ?

lenquixote66

I don't do soup in public (or long pasta). Invariably, it ends up  down the front of my shirt. Some times I think I've never stopped being  a little kid. 

1 hour ago, Harters said:

I don't do soup in public (or long pasta). Invariably, it ends up  down the front of my shirt. Some times I think I've never stopped being  a little kid. 

I wish I could go back to my childhood and live life all over again.

Used to enjoy the cold soups (as well as hot soups) on Royal very much, but the cold ones are mostly no longer on the menu. I had given up most of them anyway because they were high in sugar and I'm trying to cut back. The hot soups on our last cruise, apart from French onion, were underwhelming this time around, which is sad. Their soups and sauces used to be so good.

22 hours ago, Harters said:

Is that to do things differently or just to relive a great life?

A combination .I have had a great life but in Feb.2003 I left New York City where I had been living all my life to move to a relatively small town in NY and became sick in October 2003 and it has been getting worse every year.

That's a bad co-incidence, man. I've always lived a few miles from where I was born and don't think I'd ever want to move away. Illnesses getting worse are bad news. I have COPD which I know is a degenerative disease and which I know has got significantly worse over the last 12 months. Like you I get pleasure from food which is why, I guess, we both hang out on this particular forum.

2 hours ago, Harters said:

That's a bad co-incidence, man. I've always lived a few miles from where I was born and don't think I'd ever want to move away. Illnesses getting worse are bad news. I have COPD which I know is a degenerative disease and which I know has got significantly worse over the last 12 months. Like you I get pleasure from food which is why, I guess, we both hang out on this particular forum.

I was living in an area of NYC where crime was increasing to the rate of where everyone I knew was moving away.

The town I live in now is virtually crime free.We do not have a police force here .In the 21 years I have been living here there has only been one crime of violence.

That's an amazing story to read in this day and age. Although that said, we had family members who lived in upstate NY for a few years. Small community called Painted Post. It was very different from what they knew in urban northwest England. FWIW, the latest crime report for my postcode (zipcode) area is for the last week of December - one mugging and nine house burglaries. 

• 2 months later...
On 1/15/2024 at 7:18 PM, CntPAcruiser said:

Used to enjoy the cold soups (as well as hot soups) on Royal very much, but the cold ones are mostly no longer on the menu. I had given up most of them anyway because they were high in sugar and I'm trying to cut back. The hot soups on our last cruise, apart from French onion, were underwhelming this time around, which is sad. Their soups and sauces used to be so good.

I have to agree on RC's soups.  they always were good, both hot and cold, and have gone downhill with the rest of their food.  I do feel maybe they have decline slightly less than the rest of their food.  I say their food on average has dropped 3-4 points whereas maybe the soups have only dropped 2-3 points.  And they were mostly served hot or decently warm unlike the rest of the food.

Generally though, I prefer eating and making hot soups.