What age for teens sharing a cabin alone?

Let's try to understand the basis of the policy:  Legal responsibility.  An adult over the age of 21 must be legally responsible for each booked cabin.

The policy governs the booking of the cabins, not who sleeps in the cabins.

If a family of 4 is traveling, and the adults go out dancing while 2 kids remain sleeping in the room, has the family violated NCL policy?  I mean... 2 kids are sleeping alone in the room!  Or if some single people meet on a cruise and become intimate, they may sleep in each other's cabins.. oh no... did they violate policy by not sleeping in their assigned cabin?

Whether the 2 kids are sleeping alone in the room from 9pm-11pm, or whether it be from 10pm-8am, really makes no difference.

The point is -- an adult, who is on board, is RESPONSIBLE. So if the kids destroy the room while the parents are out dancing, or the kids destroy the room while the parents are sleeping in another room down the hall, or the kids are making a ruckus disturbing their neighbors, there is a responsible adult that the cruise staff can go to. 

"Accompanied by an adult in the same stateroom" does not mean that the accompanying adult is present in the stateroom 24/7 with the minor.  

• Like 3

5 hours ago, dbrown84 said:

I'm so sorry that my grammar isn't up to your level..... You don't switch keys with the child.  You go to guest services and have them create extra keys.  You happy now???

Sure, since switching keys (A gets B's key and B gets A's Key) and get additional keys (A has their key and B's key and B has their key and A's key) are just grammatical variations. Gawd forbid you have to admit you erred. 

6 hours ago, mjkacmom said:

You don’t switch keys, additional copies of the keys that only open door are given to the family. I’ve read countless posts like this on CC.

Sorry, wrong poster...I wasn't the one who suggested "switching keys". However I now understand that was just a grammar issue. But I assume that you already knew that.

1 hour ago, SeaShark said:

Sure, since switching keys (A gets B's key and B gets A's Key) and get additional keys (A has their key and B's key and B has their key and A's key) are just grammatical variations. Gawd forbid you have to admit you erred. 

LOL.  Good night  No error at all

• Thanks 1