Advice on Escape Haven or Epic or Encore

ccm02339

I am hoping to plan a cruise with our twentysomething kids.  Top choice for mid January next year is the Escape

They will be in a 2 bedroom haven suite.  I couple and 2 others  

I have a few questions:  the 2 bedroom appears smaller than the same cabin on Epic and Encore? Can anyone compare for me?

Also we are hoping to spend most time in haven area sun deck and pool during the day I know the Haven sundeck is smaller than the Encore and Epic also includes POSH.  Do you find it easy to grab loungers?

I am thinking Escape because we love the District Brewhouse and Howl at the Moon

Epic we would lose the waterfront

Encore we lose howl at the moon but add in the Observation lounge but I dont think the kids will enjoy that.

What else should I be thinking about?

Thanks

Escape and Encore are the same class so some things are the same in size and some things are very different in size and location. The Haven 2BR stateroom will be the same in size but the balcony on deck 17 on Encore will be larger than the equivalent on Escape.

As you've noted, the Encore Haven sundeck is over 3x larger than the Escape Haven sundeck and the Encore Haven sundeck has 2 hot tubs vs. 1 for Escape.

The Encore courtyard has 1 hot tub while the Escspe courtyard has 2. The Haven pool is slightly different between the two with Encore having an ankle depth area that Escape doesn't have. 

Encore has the go karts that Escape doesn't have. Whether that is or isn't a positive is up to you. I don't think that VIBE would be needed on Encore but might be something to consider on Escape. Encore's VIBE is larger than Escape's and has more hot tubs so even though the "need" may be less, it's the better option.

Escape has the much better hull art if you plan on taking photos but otherwise, I would suggest Encore Haven over Escape Haven for guests who plan to use the sundeck. January weather can be unpredictable at times so having the Horizon Lounge is also a plus. 

Epic doesn't have a retractable roof so that could be a factor in bad weather. Although Epic's Haven is considered by many to be the best, I wouldn't recommend it for January.