Victor Bodden tour for a solo female

SamFaniam

My sister and I have a cruise stop in Roatan and she is going scuba diving. She has lots of experience with this and I do not, so I am not going.  I would like to tour Roatan and see some of the island and perhaps go to a beach resort. But, I am nervous about booking a non-cruise tour on my own.  Have any of you ever taken a tour with Victor Bodden on your own?  I have seen some other tour companies, but am not really interested in riding a bus with 50 other people.  Thanks for any insight. 

19 hours ago, SamFaniam said:

My sister and I have a cruise stop in Roatan and she is going scuba diving. She has lots of experience with this and I do not, so I am not going.  I would like to tour Roatan and see some of the island and perhaps go to a beach resort. But, I am nervous about booking a non-cruise tour on my own.  Have any of you ever taken a tour with Victor Bodden on your own?  I have seen some other tour companies, but am not really interested in riding a bus with 50 other people.  Thanks for any insight. 

As a female solo traveler myself, I would prefer a female driver. Jezy, from Roatan Driver, is my current favorite.  She will do her level best make all your dreams come true.  

• Like 1

The above advice is solid.  I can tell you that we have used Victor on, I think, three occasions with excellent results.  But I also respect what Guest 2000 said about preferring a female driver.  We did have a female on one of those three occasions so you might be able to specify that when you book if you choose Victor. 

• Like 1

I've set up a private tour with Victor Bodden. It was very easy. You didn't mention when you'll be in Roatan, if we're there at the same time you would be welcome to join us. If your interested let me know, I'm on the Prima 2/6.

• Like 1

On 1/19/2024 at 11:12 PM, chk-gnt said:

I've set up a private tour with Victor Bodden. It was very easy. You didn't mention when you'll be in Roatan, if we're there at the same time you would be welcome to join us. If your interested let me know, I'm on the Prima 2/6.

Thank you for the offer.  It's the Regal in March. 

• 1 month later...
On 1/18/2024 at 3:40 PM, lifes-a-beach said:

The above advice is solid.  I can tell you that we have used Victor on, I think, three occasions with excellent results.  But I also respect what Guest 2000 said about preferring a female driver.  We did have a female on one of those three occasions so you might be able to specify that when you book if you choose Victor. 

We have used Victor Bodden 3 times and he is excellent.  No problem being solo as you will be with others from your ship.  This time we have decided to on Daniel Johnston, who also has great ratings.  Just want to hold a sloth again!