MSC Customer Service Best Practices

Reds4life

Let me preface that I am not a new to MSC cruiser. This upcoming cruise will be our 4th. However, we have not sailed with MSC since December of 2021, so we are a little out of practice in dealing with the challenges of the MSC customer service department. To be brief, we have three cabins booked for June 2024 and made the initial booking in June 2023. Since we are using a future cruise credit that was initially delayed (another feature of MSC customer service) after Covid, MSC refused to allow our travel agent to service the reservation, so I am on my own. Our cruise date was moved from the 11th out of Athens to the 13th out of Istanbul and we were promised 100 Euro in additional OBC but were reassigned cabins on different floors. I call MSC and ask about moving the cabins to the same floor and getting the OBC put on and somehow my category got switched from Fantastica to Bella and my price went up $125, plus no OBC and cabins on different floors. 

So, after two weeks of calling and emailing, and even trying the Facebook Messenger, I have had no luck getting a resolution. Thus, I am here to see if anyone has any tips, tricks, or luck as to how to successfully find the right person to help me out from MSC. In the past, they did not have great customer service, but never this bad. Just more FYI, I usually upon calling get a representative with limited English skills and then get promised a response from the infamous "back office" after supposedly conversing somehow during my call with a "supervisor" via chat or messenging. 

Any help is certainly appreciated. We enjoy the MSC brand but this is very stressful and disappointing. 

Been through all you have posted.

They even said they were going to cover my airfare change fees after changing dates, countries and more twice on the same sailing .Never saw it. I even had to get an attorney for one issue.

Unless you can get a supervisor involved, even then it won't help much, you might be out of luck.

Do you have an SR number. 

Basically they are screwing you over. They don't care. I would probably try to contact the TA you used before even though they didn't have this booking and see if their rep can help.

Great product lousy CS.

6 minutes ago, mscdivina2016 said:

Been through all you have posted.

They even said they were going to cover my airfare change fees after changing dates, countries and more twice on the same sailing .Never saw it. I even had to get an attorney for one issue.

Unless you can get a supervisor involved, even then it won't help much, you might be out of luck.

Do you have an SR number. 

Basically they are screwing you over. They don't care. I would probably try to contact the TA you used before even though they didn't have this booking and see if their rep can help.

Great product lousy CS.

I am supposed to have gotten a call back from a supervisor within 48 or 72 hours with each phone call but that never happens. I won't get an attorney over a hundred dollars or so, but will not sail with them again. If this is the business model to have such terrible customer service that they can make a little more money off unauthorized charges then I will just take my business elsewhere. I do have to ask, what is an SR number?

Edited by Reds4life

33 minutes ago, Reds4life said:

I am supposed to have gotten a call back from a supervisor within 48 or 72 hours with each phone call but that never happens. I won't get an attorney over a hundred dollars or so, but will not sail with them again. If this is the business model to have such terrible customer service that they can make a little more money off unauthorized charges then I will just take my business elsewhere. I do have to ask, what is an SR number?

SR= Service request.   This stores all you communications on the issue.  You send an email to MSCs customer email and they reply back with the SR number.  Reference that each time you call.

I always use a TA "now". Too bad they wouldn't let you.

Complain onboard, they will take care of it by reducing your tip amount. So basically they will screw you over first and the crew to fix it.

I do have an SR number now. Unfortunately, I got this response when I emailed MSC 🙁

Hello,
Thank you for your email. This email box is no longer being monitored.

For a final invoice or feedback on a cruise you have already taken, please email:
postcruisesupport@msccruisesusa.com (Please note responses may take up to 7 business days.)

For MSC Voyagers Club Inquiries:
Please email mscvoyagersclub@msccruisesusa.com

If you have a future cruise planned and require assistance, please contact our contact center team. This team can be reached Mon-Fri: 8:00 am-11:00 pm EST and Sat-Sun 9:00 am –9:00 pm EST at 877-665-4655

The MSC Customer Service Team

MSC Cruises (USA) Inc.
6750 N. Andrews Avenue, Suite 100
Fort Lauderdale, FL 33309

34 minutes ago, Reds4life said:

I do have an SR number now. Unfortunately, I got this response when I emailed MSC 🙁

Hello,
Thank you for your email. This email box is no longer being monitored.

For a final invoice or feedback on a cruise you have already taken, please email:
postcruisesupport@msccruisesusa.com (Please note responses may take up to 7 business days.)

For MSC Voyagers Club Inquiries:
Please email mscvoyagersclub@msccruisesusa.com

If you have a future cruise planned and require assistance, please contact our contact center team. This team can be reached Mon-Fri: 8:00 am-11:00 pm EST and Sat-Sun 9:00 am –9:00 pm EST at 877-665-4655

The MSC Customer Service Team

MSC Cruises (USA) Inc.
6750 N. Andrews Avenue, Suite 100
Fort Lauderdale, FL 33309

Try  MSCExistingReservations@msccruisesusa.com

or

Executive Contacts

Primary Contact
Angela Varricchio
Director, Pre- and Post-Cruise Customer Service, MSC Cruises USA
6750 N. Andrews Avenue
Suite 100