HAL computer glitch - not updating past cruise info from Dec, 2023 - Any update?

Cat J

Our points now show under "cruise history" but do not yet appear in the total listed above that in the blue and grey banner where it lists total points and mariner status/star level.  Fingers crossed it will soon appear there also 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Rehoguy1 said:

Good news here too- Grand South America/Zaandam that disembarked on December 19 just updated.  It's official: we're 5* !  Woo-hoo!  

Congratulations on the 5* as well as getting an updated cruise history. 

With all the people reporting updated profiles, it seems the New Hire finally completed training and was released to do some real work. 😉

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

7 hours ago, Crazy For Cats said:

I have good news to report.  We disembarked the Rotterdam on 12/22/23.  When I checked on Tuesday my account wasn’t updated.  I just checked this morning and the proper Mariner credits were applied.

Thanks for letting me know.  I just checked mine and mine was posted to.  Yay, I'm a 3 Star.  And I was on the Rotterdam from Dec. 3rd - 15th.  Have a great evening!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, I like vacation said:

My history was updated as well today from December 17th disembarkation.

That's great - I just checked and so was mine.  Have a great evening!

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Rehoguy1 said:

Good news here too- Grand South America/Zaandam that disembarked on December 19 just updated.  It's official: we're 5* !  Woo-hoo!  

Wow - congrats on being a 5 Star.  I'm a 3 Star now and will now start working on my 4 Star level.  Have a great evening!

• Like 3

3 hours ago, LAFFNVEGAS said:

We got out 21 points as well  but we had already hit 5 Star in November and it was quick and applied for our December cruise. I certainly can sympathize with those moving to the next level with a cruise coming up very soon. It appears HAL has gotten it fixed.

Congrats on being 5 Star!!  Mine was fixed today too and I moved up to 3 Star - working my way up 🙂  And yep, I wanted to get the new level since I have back to back cruises coming up in 2 weeks.  Have a great evening!

• Like 4

It is good to read so many profiles are being updated - hopefully the glitch was fixed rather than these all being the result of manual updates. I'd like to know we will automatically get our credits in a timely fashion. It's exciting to have so many people moving up and gaining new perks. Laundry and half price feed & brew are very nice 😊

• Thanks 1

I was on the NS the second week in January and my credits posted quickly. However, for the first time since HIA started, I did not receive an extra spending credit for each day of the 7 day cruise. I only received 6 bonus night credits. 

anyone experience that issue? 

20 minutes ago, Haljo1935 said:

It is good to read so many profiles are being updated - hopefully the glitch was fixed rather than these all being the result of manual updates. I'd like to know we will automatically get our credits in a timely fashion. It's exciting to have so many people moving up and gaining new perks. Laundry and half price feed & brew are very nice 😊

I'm sure that the glitch was fixed - no way they could do so many updates manually.  And gaining new perks is a good thing 🙂  I'm happy to be at 3 Star now even though I don't get free laundry yet - but I'll work my way up to 4 Star for that perk.  Have a great evening.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Ready2go11 said:

I was on the NS the second week in January and my credits posted quickly. However, for the first time since HIA started, I did not receive an extra spending credit for each day of the 7 day cruise. I only received 6 bonus night credits. 

anyone experience that issue? 

The way that I understand it is if you are in a regular room (not a suite which gets extra bonus days), then you get an extra bonus day credit for each $300 spent (there are some things not counted towards this). Is this what you are referring to from your last cruise - you got 7 days for the cruise and then 6 days from on board spending?  Or am I misunderstanding your question?  🙂 

That is my question.

However since HIA has been available (and even before that when the booking had the signature beverage package thrown in as a perk), I have always received the max extra credits per day because they gave you credit for 15 drinks spending per day, even if you haven't ordered all those drinks. And that is not counting Internet cost, dining and shore excursion with HIA plus my extra spending on excursions, dining and spa

This is the first time, even though my spending behavior did not change, that I only received 6 bonus spending credits for a 7 day cruise, rather than 7. 

9 hours ago, Ready2go11 said:

That is my question.

However since HIA has been available (and even before that when the booking had the signature beverage package thrown in as a perk), I have always received the max extra credits per day because they gave you credit for 15 drinks spending per day, even if you haven't ordered all those drinks. And that is not counting Internet cost, dining and shore excursion with HIA plus my extra spending on excursions, dining and spa

This is the first time, even though my spending behavior did not change, that I only received 6 bonus spending credits for a 7 day cruise, rather than 7. 

I don't always spend the amount to get the max extra cruise days, because sometimes I don't spend that much on some cruises for the extra stuff including shore excursions (especially if I've been to the port before).  But I don't purchase HIA either so not sure how that works.  Maybe you should reach out to the Mariner Society team and see if they can review your latest cruise and see why you didn't get the 7 extra cruise days due to your spending.  Hopefully they aren't as busy now that HAL fixed the glitch on our accounts for Dec sailings!  Have a great day!

13 minutes ago, Gail & Marty sailing away said:

Has it been fixed,

Yep - it seems that they fixed the glitch yesterday and all looks good in there.  You have some great cruises coming up - have fun!!!

18 hours ago, Haljo1935 said:

it seems the New Hire finally completed training and was released to do some real work. 

Now if they would let the new hire revamp the app all would be good. Maybe they can have the new hire reconfigure the Princess app for HAL.

Glad everyone's accounts are being fixed!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2