Beach towels

2 hours ago, hallux said:
4 hours ago, PATRLR said:

But it only takes one port day to realize the sign-out list is a farce

Could not be more true!  Several times I had to prompt the attendant to take down my cabin number when returning.  I can't imagine having to filter through the lists of handwritten cabin numbers to figure out who picked up and returned towels...

As mentioned, it's the 'illusion of accountability', as if someone is keeping track....not.

It does it's job, though, if nothing else, cutting back on the number of towels that are handed-out (and may never return).

I wonder what the 'wastage' figure is for towels. The ship starts the week with 10,000 towels - how many end up in suitcases, left on the beach, blown overboard leaving what number at the end? Is it worth going through the list facade, staffing that function etc?

Many lines, hotels, resorts are not so precious about towels - it just cheapens the experience for me standing in line to sign out something basic and simple like a towel. Do they inventory the towels in the cabins too? Steward put 6 in but only scooped 5 up off the floor so you get charged for the 'missing' one?

Edited by Captain-John

12 minutes ago, Captain-John said:

Is it worth going through the list facade, staffing that function etc?

RCCL thinks it's worthwhile, they actually swipe cards to record to your room when you take and when you give back.

• Thanks 1