Shady Areas on Lido Deck?

LewiLewi

After having been a passenger on MSC Seascape in the  Yacht Club, I am wondering about the lack of shade on Explora as well. We could not find any shady areas on the Seascape when sitting by the pool. There were only a few pergola beds on the entire deck, nowhere to sit in the shade. I have seen a YouTube of Explora 1 and noticed a total lack of shady areas as well. Many people like to lie outside on a sun bed, but also enjoy being in the shade. Is this lack of shade a problem on Explora as well?

Hi, 

I'm on at the present with a shade lover who has not had any difficulty. There are some cabana like structures on D12 that can provide some shade and they have been able to move a bed around to a shadier spot. Tbh it is generally only an issue at the height of the day.

I will try to get some pics to post later today if that helps

• Thanks 1

Photos from D12 port side at 1130 today. Starboard pretty much full sun. As you can see there is shade although you may need to move "with the sun" if you catch my drift

PXL_20240127_153806626.jpg

PXL_20240127_153800617.jpg

3 hours ago, Bongomeme said:

Hi rubyted. I hope you are having fun! How many passengers are aboard now?do you know the expected number for the 1/31 “journey”? Thanks.

Not sure. Gymfreak had  found out there were 580 leaving Barbados on 19th Jan and 750 on the next cruise but I'm not sure if that was classed as from San Juan or from Bridgetown where we disembark next week.Whichever, plenty of space onboard, the only restriction is a clamp on marble/sakura bookings to the one per cruise. Emporium works for breakfast and lunch without any noticeable queues. Plenty of tables and I have never seen it approaching full. We generally eat around 730 and always get table at FR or MYC without waiting.

Hope this helps 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, rubyted said:

the only restriction is a clamp on marble/sakura bookings to the one per cruise

Do you mean Explora isn’t allowing you to pick-up extra available reservations in Marble & Sakura? We were able to check daily for open tables and always managed to get  more than our pre cruise allotted one reservation. 

22 hours ago, rubyted said:

Photos from D12 port side at 1130 today. Starboard pretty much full sun. As you can see there is shade although you may need to move "with the sun" if you catch my drift

PXL_20240127_153806626.jpg

PXL_20240127_153800617.jpg

Thank you for posting.

19 hours ago, PrivateIdaho said:

Do you mean Explora isn’t allowing you to pick-up extra available reservations in Marble & Sakura? We were able to check daily for open tables and always managed to get  more than our pre cruise allotted one reservation. 

Correct. Fully booked and no joy on waitlist requests.