Photographer in NYC of cruise ships?

Fogfog

Does anyone know who the photographer is/was that took pics of the cruise ships leaving out of NYC are?

Years ago I'd see posts here on CC of gorgeous pics of ships - and sometimes of people on the balconies etc... so the pics were of the ship, and sometimes close ups of the folks sailing. Time taken etc. and the people knew when and where he'd be shoreside to take the pics.

It wasn't just one cruise line's ships. 

This could have been 10-15 years ago. 

Any idea who that was and their screen name?

TYIA

Hi.  I did a few photos like this from my perch on Staten Island a few years ago when I was obsessed with ships. 

Nowadays there someone with a drone that gets amazing views of ships leaving NY harbor. 

I’ll include some links later when I’m on a computer. 

pete 

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...

https://flic.kr/s/aHBqjzMWuq

https://flic.kr/s/aHsmWtWwrm

What would you like to know @Fogfog?  I went through a period of time during Covid where I wanted to get as many of the different cruise ships leaving NYC as possible.  I discovered the RCCL was the only line they left consistently on time!  I've linked to albums above with some of my photos during that time.

Edited by PistolPete13

Thanks

I'll take a look

There was someone who took pix of pax on sail away--the ship and they'd be waving at the photog-- knowing where they were.. sailing of of NY.

Don't know if those were drones, or big lenses, it could have been as far back as 2015 that I am thinking of..since 2020 seems a lifetime ago (ha)

Wondering if anyone does that anymore

Best

fog

Edited to add-- just love these-- the ships, the cherry blossoms--the skyline

Edited by Fogfog

13 minutes ago, Fogfog said:

Thanks

I'll take a look

There was someone who took pix of pax on sail away--the ship and they'd be waving at the photog-- knowing where they were.. sailing of of NY.

Don't know if those were drones, or big lenses, it could have been as far back as 2015 that I am thinking of..since 2020 seems a lifetime ago (ha)

Wondering if anyone does that anymore

Best

fog

Edited to add-- just love these-- the ships, the cherry blossoms--the skyline

That was me, I took a photo of @Turtles06 during one of his NYC departures.  At that time I had a 36MP Nikon D800e and paired with a 500mm zoom lens you can make out some rough faces of people on the top deck of the ship is you zoom into the photo at 100% resolution.

That was a one shot deal for me as a fun challenge to see if it was even possible and to my surprise it was!

• Like 2