Lisbon - Looking for a recommended taxi company..

7 minutes ago, almostnewtocruise said:

for a transfer of 6 people (with luggage) from an airport hotel to the cruise port   with a short (up to 2 hours) tour of the city. 

Although there will be taxis available at the aqirport, (or your hotel could arrange one or two  for you), adding a tour element is probably the tricky bit.  And 6 passengers all with luggage will need either two regular taxis or a van which can hold that number of peopler and a sizeable amount of luggage.

I think you would be better to prearrange this, firsly researching taxi and/or tour companies online and reaching out to them with your request.  Or perhaps your hotel could offer up a suggestion or two?

Edited by edinburgher

3 hours ago, edinburgher said:

Although there will be taxis available at the aqirport, (or your hotel could arrange one or two  for you), adding a tour element is probably the tricky bit.  And 6 passengers all with luggage will need either two regular taxis or a van which can hold that number of peopler and a sizeable amount of luggage.

I think you would be better to prearrange this, firsly researching taxi and/or tour companies online and reaching out to them with your request.  Or perhaps your hotel could offer up a suggestion or two?

Yes indeed, the "tricky" part is the combination of the short tour with the transfer - and  the need for a larger vehicle.

That's why I try  it here.. These boards are very useful for finding all kinds of information.

We've already done it in other ports, but never in Lisbon.

If I won't get any further  recommendations, I'll research it  "the hard way", as suggested

Thanks!  

1 hour ago, almostnewtocruise said:

Yes indeed, the "tricky" part is the combination of the short tour with the transfer - and  the need for a larger vehicle.

That's why I try  it here.. These boards are very useful for finding all kinds of information.

We've already done it in other ports, but never in Lisbon.

If I won't get any further  recommendations, I'll research it  "the hard way", as suggested

Thanks!  

I have not used them yet, but I booked toptour.pt Portugal. I think I found them on TripAdvisor. The confirmation looked professional, so hoping all goes well.  We are traveling in May,  I can let you know after our trip. Good luck. 

On 1/27/2024 at 9:18 PM, bobolz said:

I have not used them yet, but I booked toptour.pt Portugal. I think I found them on TripAdvisor. The confirmation looked professional, so hoping all goes well.  We are traveling in May,  I can let you know after our trip. Good luck. 

We are going in April, so ahead of you.

Will look them up, thanks!