Crazy wine question?

lianaks

Hi,

This might be a crazy question, if I bring the wine to the dinning room and pay the cork fee or order a bottle of wine from the menu but did not finish, I know they will recork and save it for the next night. But the next night I dine at the specialty restuarant, can I ask to have my wine deliver to the specialty restuarant and back to the traditional dinning room if I did not finish the bottle? I am not a havey drinker, I usually drink a glass at dinner and one bottle usually hold about 4 glasses which can last 3-4 nights. Anyone have any of this experience? :rolleyes:

Liana.

Our waiters have stored wine I brought overnight for us and had it for us the next evening, but I haven't tried to get it to one of the specialty restaurants. It would probably be easier on everyone concerned to just order a single glass in such a situation.

Yes they will do it. I have done this on several occasians. Have a few dollars on you to tip the person who ran and got the wine for you.

They did it for me as well. They store them under your room number. Don't worry!

Since I never leave a bottle for the next day, I never have this problem. :D

However Princess does have a system in place to locate unfinished bottles regardless of what dining room you are in. All you have to do is tell them your cabin number.

Whoops.. Tapia beat me to the answer...

Thank you for all of your reply, this is a great board. I can count on any kind of questions even my crazy question;) . I really like STEVE2001 answer, I will have many one dollars bills handy. I try to picture someone run over to the other dinning room to get my wine back and forth. Since I am not much a drinker but do enjoy a glass at dinner that why one bottle will last me 3-4 meals.:)

Liana.

I'm the same way, a glass with dinner is perfect (the motion of the ocean provides the rest :) ). Also, another little known factoid: If you plan on using room service, sending people around to find wine bottles, etc, get $2. bills from your local bank. This serves 2 purposes; for whatever reason the crew likes to recieve them, second it gives you a 'tip fund' while on board for services beyond the auto-tipping Princess applies to your account.

Since I never leave a bottle for the next day, I never have this problem. :D

Same here. ;)

We have had our pre-dinner bottle in a lounge sent to our dining room of choice with no problem. The wine was brought to the table by waitstaff within minutes of our being seated.

Chris

STEVE2001,

$2 bill sound good, I will change them before the cruise. Actually I have been stash away my $1 bill until my cruise in July I should have plenty and $2 bill sound good I will bring that too.!;)

Liana.

My DD gave me this advice: pack a square cardboard box of wine for my cabin. It fits comfortably on the counter or in a fridge. I just fill my wine glass and bring it with me to dinner. No cork necessary. One box equals 3 bottles so it lasts throughout the cruise.

Mary

Thank you LEAFEPEEPER, this is good to know that it is an option that we can bring a glass of drink into the dinning room.

I am so glad we have this board to post and find information. Thank again.

Liana.

Archived