Food tour of Venice - any recommendations?

Korimako

9 hours ago, Korimako said:

We’d like to do food tour tasting cichetti in Venice. Has anyone any recommendations?

Would you need a tour for that as they will be available in many bars or could you simply walk to whichever bars have the best reviews on eg Tripadvisor.  or google "chichetti in Venice" or a variation of that wording maybe including the word "best"? and look at the results.

Edited by edinburgher

9 hours ago, Korimako said:

We’d like to do food tour tasting cichetti in Venice. Has anyone any recommendations?

For a tour-- no idea. For what I would consider the best cicchetti in town I would head to Enoteca Schiavi-- a little off the beaten path but consistently excellent and has a nice mix of locals and tourists.

Not far away is Gelateria Il Doge which is also well worth it for a sweet treat. 

• Like 2

On 1/31/2024 at 3:29 AM, edinburgher said:

available in many bars or could you simply walk to whichever bars have the best reviews on eg Tripadvisor.  or google "chichetti in Venice" 

If we were 40 years younger, then we probably would just just head for a recommended bar. But given we are 2 ladies with a combined age not far short of 160, I think we'd be more comfortable with something more organised!

But thanks anyway 🙂

12 hours ago, Korimako said:

If we were 40 years younger, then we probably would just just head for a recommended bar.

If you did want to head to a bar/lounge that you could tuck into for a while for both drinks/lunch (and a nice respite from walking around) the Riva terrace/Bar Longhi at the Gritti Palace is hard to beat. You're seated right on the Grand Canal so get to see everything go by and the hotel/building itself is incredibly beautiful. It's a great way to experience the Gritti without having to pay thousands a night to stay there. 

On 2/1/2024 at 3:22 AM, Korimako said:

I think we'd be more comfortable with something more organised!

But thanks anyway 🙂

If that will make you feel more comfortable, go for it.  Buen appetito!