Pam's Jubilee Review - Jan 13-20, 2024

On 1/31/2024 at 2:19 PM, chasinraynbowz said:

The next 2 days were sea days.  Our days were spent napping, eating, drinking and more napping.  On Thursday night there was a medical emergency and after a call for blood, we had to turn around and head back towards Cancun where they were going to meet the ship and remove the patient.  I am very sorry to say, they did not make it.  I am not sure what happened or who it was, but my prayers go out to the family.

Rumor has it that it was a lighting contractor who had a massive heart attack.  They were asking for blood in case they had to do surgery.  I also heard other rumors but we got our information from the hypnotist who was on the same flight as us out of Houston.  He supposedly got the info from the CD.

2 minutes ago, iria64 said:

Rumor has it that it was a lighting contractor who had a massive heart attack.  They were asking for blood in case they had to do surgery.  I also heard other rumors but we got our information from the hypnotist who was on the same flight as us out of Houston.  He supposedly got the info from the CD.

Well, whoever it was, it was sad.  I knew it wasn't a guest because some passengers went to guest services to donate money to the family and were told it was a contactor on the ship.  

Rookie question on the Chef's table, but what if you're pescatarian?  I've never done it before (finally) and it looks like there was a few meat dishes, that I would not eat.  Do they offer a substitution, if we advise when we embark?  

On 1/31/2024 at 1:36 PM, weezal said:

may i ask what time you were able to disembark?
i'm planning to fly home from HOU (closer Hobby airport), at 12:30pm.
i also have platinum status, to get off the ship earlier, if necessary.

I was on Jubilee the week after this cruise.  Priority debarkation started before 7:30 or so.  I was Diamond and was off and in a uber by 7:50am.  I caught a 9:50am flight out of IAH.  I wouldn’t recommend that early but I had no choice as I was trying to make it to a funeral in CO.  Fortunately I made it but it was stressful.  I had contingency plans if I had missed that flight. 

On 1/30/2024 at 4:19 PM, Butterbean1000 said:

It's our go to place on Cozumel.  Very laid back, not crowded.  We tried Sanchos once and it wasn't for us.  We're talking about trying Paradise next.

We loved Nachi Cocum . It's been a few years since we were there, but will be heading there in May, also on the Jubilee. Happy to see your review and sort of get the lay of the land/ ship, so to speak!

• Like 1

On 2/2/2024 at 6:47 PM, CrzRani said:

Rookie question on the Chef's table, but what if you're pescatarian?  I've never done it before (finally) and it looks like there was a few meat dishes, that I would not eat.  Do they offer a substitution, if we advise when we embark?  

You can let them know.  I am allergic to peanuts and one of our group is allergic to shellfish.  I know they substituted an item or two for her, but I doubt they had to substitute anything for me as I had the same things everyone else did.  

• Like 2

On 2/3/2024 at 1:29 PM, kew1031 said:

We loved Nachi Cocum . It's been a few years since we were there, but will be heading there in May, also on the Jubilee. Happy to see your review and sort of get the lay of the land/ ship, so to speak!

I am going on the Dream in about 4 weeks and am worried I won't enjoy it.  I have been on the Dream several times, but my last few cruises have been on the newer ships (Celebration, Panorama, Jubilee) and I feel spoiled.  LOL

• Like 1

On 1/31/2024 at 9:29 AM, chasinraynbowz said:

We had so much fun holding these amazing creatures.  Mine decided he was going to try to flirt with the sloth next to me and very slowly tried to get over there.  It surprised me as you can tell by the look on my face!!  LOL

Picture11.jpg.26cef665ff8947cc2e6766b473c7ac06.jpg

Picture12.jpg.97f0070e2a9ab2529a809c5d7d3b2ef2.jpg

Picture13.jpg.d5c35ee455fefa9e6eb1d180631b0afe.jpg

Picture14.jpg.4f6bcef5b336555d03b830746067fe56.jpg

Picture15.jpg.ebd3d4958478679708afe280dd910cab.jpg

Great photos!  We're sailing on the Jubilee in March.  Could you tell us what animal park you went to in Roatan to see the sloths?  There are several and it's hard to tell which one is better, less crowded, treat the animals well, etc.

Thanks!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JennJ99738 said:

Great photos!  We're sailing on the Jubilee in March.  Could you tell us what animal park you went to in Roatan to see the sloths?  There are several and it's hard to tell which one is better, less crowded, treat the animals well, etc.

Thanks!

We went thru the ship.  We saw sloths, birds and monkeys.  After that, we went and saw big lizards and fish before heading to a chocolate store and back to port.  

• Thanks 1