MSC for a solo traveler

happycruiser7

Looking at a trip on MSC Magnifica (end of April early may) and need some opinions. I would be going as a 30 year old solo traveler and generally sail Celebrity or Princess with the occasional Norwegian. Is it similar to Royal Caribbean in terms of attractions? I know it’s a family line but I do prefer more adult activities and passengers and don’t need the big water slides or rock walls. Are there adult only areas? Is it worth the money?

Any and all information, thoughts and opinions about the food, ship and or the line are greatly appreciated. 

thank you!!! 

I went solo on Seaside (I think that was the name) last April at the end of the month. I enjoyed it. Out of Port Canaveral. There weren't too many children on board. They did have adult activities. Pools were crowded but I bought the Aurea experience and used the private solarium to sunbathe.I loved the Thermal Suite. I only ate in the buffet. Food was so/so but comparable to other cruises I've been on (Carnival, RC and Holland). Cabin was clean and quiet. Staff was all pleasant. Some nice musical shows in the evening but wish they had a comedy club. Overall, I was happy and actually just booked another cruise with them this April.

I would say the Magnifica is pretty comparable to the celebrity infinity. Not much for kids compared to the other MSC ships. And end of April is no school holiday time, so the family factor is not relevant. You are avoiding the Easter and Pentecost madness, when the Europeans come even to the Caribbean in masses 😄

Food is generally good, but as you will already have guessed when seeing MSCs prices, it cannot compete with celebrity. Except pizza and pasta of cause.