Thermal suite sell out pre cruise?

laurap414

We are first time Princess cruisers but have cruised a lot on HAL. On HAL, you can't pre-purchase thermal suite passes. We are booked on Sky Princess Feb 17th and I'd like to use our OBC for the Thermal suite but don't want to risk it selling out. Are there usually spots available on embarkation day? If not I'll pay with CC ahead.

Bonus question: does anyone have an opinion on how does Princess thermal suite compare to Holland?

Thanks!!

48 minutes ago, laurap414 said:

We are first time Princess cruisers but have cruised a lot on HAL. On HAL, you can't pre-purchase thermal suite passes. We are booked on Sky Princess Feb 17th and I'd like to use our OBC for the Thermal suite but don't want to risk it selling out. Are there usually spots available on embarkation day? If not I'll pay with CC ahead.

Bonus question: does anyone have an opinion on how does Princess thermal suite compare to Holland?

Thanks!!

When you try to book online does it show a mechanism to use OBC? I may be wrong but I thought that in order to use OBC for anything prior to the cruise you could only use it for excursions. 

I suspect you will need to use your credit card. 

Edited by Rick&Jeannie

1 hour ago, laurap414 said:

Thanks!!

I have pre-purchased full-cruise thermal suite passes on both Holland and Princess with a CC, but I have not seen an option to pre-purchase using OBC.  I have seen it available up until embarkation day, but I never want to risk it selling out so I always purchase in advance.  We enjoy the thermal suite on both Holland and the Royal class ships on Princess.   Since you are on the Sky, the thermal suite is very nice.  We had a full-cruise pass for our recent transatlantic on the Sky and enjoyed it. 

Just a note - Sky Princess is a Royal class ship - its spa has the Enclave - it includes the heated pool. 

Thermal suites are only located on Grand class ships - they do not have the pool.  There is a big difference on the older ships!

Yes usually spots are available on the first day.  Go down and take a tour and book your pass.  Enjoy!

Edited by CruisinFinsUp
  • Like 1

I get where you're coming from.

We booked HAL thermal suite on Embarkation day to use our OBC (have been drowning in obc on recent HAL cruise), even though cost is a bit higher booking onboard. We do same on Princess, but so we can take advantage of the 10/20/30 % discount deal for 3 spa treatments. And they apply the 30% to the Enclave (the one on SKY) as most expensive.

Never had a problem booking on board princess (23 cruises on Princess). But we do go there early on embarkation day to make sure as our usual 1st thing (followed by Sanctuary).

Re difference, much prefer the Enclave to HAL, however HAL does have the glass wall window to look out from the ceramic beds. The Enclave does not.

I don't bother with Thermal suite on Grand class Princess ships (although used to before the Royal class Enclave spoilt me). Happy to use the free stream and sauna when lounging around from the lotus pool these days.