Aurora Introduces New Vantage Explorations

• 2 months later...
5 hours ago, Tom47 said:

I have rec'd brochures from Vantage Explorations.  They must have purchased Vantage Travel mailing list.

Yes, that was part of the assets they purchased.  There was also an earlier story that they intended to allow Vantage customers to apply their cruise credits to the new Vantage Explorations line – I don't know if that happened.

https://cruiseindustrynews.com/cruise-news/2023/08/aurora-expeditions-to-form-new-vantage-explorations-company/

• Like 1

The new brochure (and the new Vantage Explorations website) make no mention of credits to former victims of Vantage World Travel.

I had been expecting the new Vantage Explorations to feature the Vantage-leased Ocean Odyssey and Ocean Explorer, but apparently the $2 million purchase did not include leasing rights for these ships.  Instead, the brochure just cites the Greg Mortimer and Sylvia Earle (and the coming-soon Douglas Mawson) X-Bow ships, which is what Aurora Expeditions already leases.  In fact, when comparing the existing Aurora Expeditions and the new Vantage Expeditions websites, I found them to be virtually identical.

So why would AE want to saddle themselves with the tainted Vantage brand?  Although I enjoyed my past Vantage cruises, I was never much impressed with their home office staff, and during the meltdown their actions were reprehensible, it seemed to me.  Now Seatrade cruise news tells me AE has hired a dozen ex-Vantage personnel for the Boston home office.

AE has an impressive selection of cruises already; could they not have just sent their own brochure to the Vantage mailing list, with a "welcome Vantage cruisers" banner displayed?   

• 2 weeks later...

I am booked on Across the Arctic Circle starting June 6.  I am very excited for this adventure!  I have been reading all the "whining & bitching" on the Facebook site.  Come on guys.....Aurora/Vantage is not responsible for the bankruptcy... they didn't have to offer the offer they have made.  I lost $$$$ on back-to-back cruises with business class flights...yea, I am not happy, but I am trying to recoup something,  The new company: Aurora/Vantage is more expensive, but what do you do...... I will send a report when I get home.  Also looking that if I like this adventure, I would like to do either Antarctica or Northwest Passage...... yea, not your typical adventures!!