Any theme nights on Grandeur

Last year on Regent, one night was a theme night. Dressy and wear black and white and pearls for women. There were black and white balloons and decorations, champagne passed around. I was unaware there was a theme night and did not have the requested items, but many people did. Not sure how they knew about it. But there were many like us without those items. How does one find out about theme nights? We sail on Monday and I’ve begun to think about what I should pack.

We have about 100 nights on Regent, and another cruise in April. We've never experienced a theme night. I would ask Regent.

Theme night's aren't our thing, and we would want to know how to avoid it rather than what we needed to bring to participate. Our suitcases are already full enough without having to bring something special to wear for a few hours.

• Like 1

The black, white and pearl thing I think was part of the 30 year’s anniversary celebrations.   I just happened to have all of the stuff, but I think some folks were clued in because they had been on prior cruises that year and expected it.  

They really don’t do much in the way of themes.  However,  the Beatles and Abba parties have been around for awhile and once again, some folks have clothing that celebrates the era.   

44 minutes ago, irishwitchy said:

The black, white and pearl thing I think was part of the 30 year’s anniversary celebrations.   I just happened to have all of the stuff, but I think some folks were clued in because they had been on prior cruises that year and expected it.  

They really don’t do much in the way of themes.  However,  the Beatles and Abba parties have been around for awhile and once again, some folks have clothing that celebrates the era.   

You are right about the 30th. That is the only themed dress night I have seen on our 250 days on Regent. There have been some fun dress up days, Easter bonnets on Easter, but Regent has supplied stuff for you to make the bonnet, if you want to participate.. 
A lot of ladies like me usually pack something black and Pearls to dress up a bit if in the mood. So I wore my black and pearls that night. But like always on Regent the minimum evening dress code is always acceptable. No big deal.

18 hours ago, SWFLAOK said:

We have about 100 nights on Regent, and another cruise in April. We've never experienced a theme night. I would ask Regent.

Theme night's aren't our thing, and we would want to know how to avoid it rather than what we needed to bring to participate. Our suitcases are already full enough without having to bring something special to wear for a few hours.

16 hours ago, irishwitchy said:

Thank you. I do recall the 30th anniversary mentioned that night. And we’ve cruised Regent several times previously and never saw a theme night. But I wondered if it was something new and done each cruise. But you’ve helped me to know just to pack my usual casual and evening wear. 👍🏼