Is this normal? (Pre-cruise arrangements via website)

Hi all, 
It's less than a month before my first Celebrity Cruise and I'm trying to navigate through all the details before arriving at the port to make embarkation as seamless as possible. 

Two questions (so far):

I've tried about 3 times (on different days) to enter a special occasion and each time it seems to take it, but when I go back to look at it, there's nothing more than an invitation to add a special occasion. Is it normal for it to not show up?

Now that I'm closer to the sail date, more options are popping up for requests before sailing. I'm cruising with a friend and we will want the beds separated. I saw the option to indicate that and input it a few times, but each time it reverts to "uknown". I can only assume that it's not registering my request. 
I know I can ask the cabin steward once onboard, but why do they provide the option to indicate preference if it won't even retain my choice? 

17 minutes ago, LandLockedInAZ2 said:

Hi all, 
It's less than a month before my first Celebrity Cruise and I'm trying to navigate through all the details before arriving at the port to make embarkation as seamless as possible. 

Two questions (so far):

I've tried about 3 times (on different days) to enter a special occasion and each time it seems to take it, but when I go back to look at it, there's nothing more than an invitation to add a special occasion. Is it normal for it to not show up?

Now that I'm closer to the sail date, more options are popping up for requests before sailing. I'm cruising with a friend and we will want the beds separated. I saw the option to indicate that and input it a few times, but each time it reverts to "uknown". I can only assume that it's not registering my request. 
I know I can ask the cabin steward once onboard, but why do they provide the option to indicate preference if it won't even retain my choice? 

App or website? Did you book with a TA or with a Celebrity call center agent or on the website?  When I book our cruises I don't book on the website. I use a TA or a Celebrity call center agent agent and make all our requests. Never had a problem. Why the website does what it does, well it just does. Call whoever you booked with and make your requests. 

Our experience is that even a noting a Occasion on the booking does not indicate anything will happen.  At least not for us.  We gave up and if it is a birthday/anniversary we talk to the MD at the dining room the day before and they provide a small cake.

I have taken a few small decorations for the cabin and the cabin attendant put them out while he was cleaning and we were out of the cabin.  He also, unsolicited, left a bottle of wine that night when he did turndown.  

• Like 1