Are there any Mozzarella Making (or Tasting) Tours in Genoa, Rome or Palermo

flipflop104

Hello

We're on a cruise next month that when in Italy, docks at Genoa, Rome and Palermo and we'd really love to do a tour/visit to make some mozzarella ourselves (doesn't have to be buffalo mozzarella, specifically, although that would be a bonus) - we've seen people do it on cruise programmes but can't recall the ports they docked in when they did those tours.

I wondered if anyone knew of any tours/visits that we could get to while we were in one of these ports?  Failing that, if we can't make it ourselves, is there anywhere we can do a mozzarella tasting session?

I've done a google but I just get results showing me how to make my own mozzarella at home rather than tours in the ports we're visiting, so not sure if it's simply not possible in these ports or I'm just using the wrong words to get the right results.

Thanks in advance.

The place most known for mozzarella is in Campania, specifically the area around Paestum.  I've tourned Tunta Vannulo and it was fascinating, not to mention tasty:  Tenuta Vannulo

But that doesn't work unless you have a stop in Naples.

Here is a one day tour a bit south of Rome for a different type of mozzarella:  Mozzarella Tour | Agro Pontina – Italy Food Roots

You'd have to get yourself there and back, but it's a possibility.