Spencer Ambrose Jalousie Beach Break any recent reviews?

TTEllis

We just did it two weeks ago.  Had high hopes, but not a great experience.  Due to number of passengers, we had two speed boats.  One newer and one older.  A very large family got on the newer boat, and the rest of us in the older.  We also got the passengers that wanted to be dropped off at snorkel location and passengers for just the beach  (we signed up for land and sea).  Spencer was our boat captain and he was visibly very sick.  When we pulled up to the dock to drop off snorkelers at their location, he hit the dock, dumping one of his mates off the back of the boat near the props, luckily the other mate yelled at Spencer to cut the motor off.  Once snorkelers were dropped off, and mates back on board we headed off to see a bat cave.  When Spencer tried to get close to the cave he rammed the boat into the rock wall, this time everyone was ok.  We were then taken to land/beach portion of the trip and turned over to one of the mates.  Once we were dropped off on the beach we were given lunch in a styrofoam container.  There were no tables, so we sat on rocks to eat.  Once beach time was complete Spencer puller boat up to dock ramming the dock hard.  The mate from the other boat got on and took over the driving, leaving another mate to drive the newer boat.  Spencer stood up on side of speedboat console and looked like he was going to vomit.  We hauled butt heading back to original pickup point, but as luck would have it we ran out of gas just as soon as we turned into the port (we could see our ship)area.  Water was rough and waves were pushing us very close to the jagged rocks.  The newer speedboat was some distance behind us, but was able to throw us a rope and tow us to the docking area.  Just as we were pulling up to dock a Catamaran cut us off, we had no controls and barely missed the Catamaran.  The newer speedboat pulled us around again.  We again rammed the dock hard.  We couldn’t wait to get off the vessel.  My husband did give the mate that took control a tip, just for getting us back on land without killing anyone.

would I go with Spencer again?  No, but I do think (after doing strictly land portion in the past …. Long drive), that speedboat is the way to go.

Thanks!! Sorry to hear about your experience. I had heard mixed reviews that's why I thought I'd ask. I've been with Spencer twice and that was awhile back and we had a nice time. 

I'm not sure what I'm going to do next time on the island. Thank you 

• Like 1

Just for the record Spencer is always sick or something like that it's really ridiculous. Spencer never finishes the tour the last time we never saw him. We had a great guide though a couple of them that made up for it, completely these guys were great, but we never saw Spencer prolly a good thing. 

Thank you for your review. 🤜🤛

• Like 1