Weather on Alaskan Cruise April 22-29?

This will be my first Alaskan cruise. My husband and I will be on the Norwegian Jewel, sailing from Seward, Alaska to Vancouver, Canada in late April. We expect to do excursions in some of the ports, but not all. I am guessing the weather will be chilly (jeans, long sleeves, hoodie) to cold (winter coat, scarf, gloves, hat, etc.) at all times? When we do not go on an excursion and want to spend time on the ship, I don't expect we will be swimming and laying around on deck in our swimsuits like we normally do on Caribbean cruises unless there are indoor areas for this. Are there indoor pool and/or hot tub areas that are accessible to couples (not divided by gender), and do you need to pay extra to get into the spa area in order to access them?

Thank you,

Rebekah

You probably will want to look in two places for answers.

There may also be a 'roll call' thread already established for your particular sailing.

• Like 1

I would leave the winter coat at home and instead bring a breathable waterproof rain jacket that you can wear over either a fleece jacket or vest.

Hat and gloves would be good to have, especially on the day you will be on deck viewing the glacier.

I also recommend a waterproof shoe as well.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

Rebekah I will see you there! I've been doing a lot of research on the same topic. Seems like we will need water proof shoes and even possibly snow shoes depending on your excursions.  This is also our first Alaskan cruise! 

Seeing that your profile is Louisiana, I'd say you will feel chilly or cold.  Seward's weather April 2023 was in 30's to 40's with a few 50's days.  But, I recall last year to be cooler than normal for most of the spring and summer.  It was pretty much the same for Anchorage.  Also, it rains a lot on the coast and the Gulf of Alaska can have some pretty good low pressure systems.  However, when the sun comes out, it is glorious and warm and you will have light well into evening.