Royal Clipper...Overhead Cabinet in Category 4 Cabin?

Psoque

I just looked at the "virtual tour" feature on the Star Clippers website. It features a view of one of the Category 4 cabins in Commodore Deck.  In this cabin, there is a cabinet-like thing in the corner just above the head of the bed, situated precariously just where your head might be if you sit up on the bed.  Has anybody seen this unfortunate "feature" in person?  If so, is it as precarious as it might look?  Or is it high enough to not be a potential hazard?  Is this feature in more than this particular cabin?

This looks to be the third bunk, normally much less conspicuous as it is folded against the wall above the main bed when not in use. You can tell from the cabin plans on the website which cabins have a third bunk.

We stayed in such a cabin on one trip (not using the third bunk); despite it being folded up against the wall, I did find it annoying when sitting up in bed reading....I have avoided such cabins since.

3 hours ago, PurleyKing said:

This looks to be the third bunk, normally much less conspicuous as it is folded against the wall above the main bed when not in use. You can tell from the cabin plans on the website which cabins have a third bunk.

We stayed in such a cabin on one trip (not using the third bunk); despite it being folded up against the wall, I did find it annoying when sitting up in bed reading....I have avoided such cabins since.

I don’t think what you are referring is what I am concerned about.  There is a corner cabinet in one of the Commodore Deck Category 4 cabin.  If you take a look at the “virtual tour” on the Star Clippers website, you will know exactly what this looks like.

We've had a cabin with a 3rd bunk, which was annoying so we ensured we didn't book it again.  Next time we did have a cabin with the corner cupboard. Neither of us can remember it being a problem. However we did have the beds as 2 singles because it provides extra drawer space. Photos of both cabins attached.

DSCN2184 edit.jpg

DSCN6527.JPG

Edited by Wacktle
spelling error!!

3 hours ago, Wacktle said:

We've had a cabin with a 3rd bunk, which was annoying so we ensured we didn't book it again.  Next time we did have a cabin with the corner cupboard. Neither of us can remember it being a problem. However we did have the beds as 2 singles because it provides extra drawer space. Photos of both cabins attached.

DSCN2184 edit.jpg

DSCN6527.JPG

Thanks.  So is the corner cabinet high enough that it did not collide with your head?  Also, where does the extra storage unit go when the two beds are pushed together?

I had the bed under the corner cupboard. I'm only 5 feet tall so no problem at all for me. Not sure what you mean by extra storage unit. Each bed has pull out drawers underneath so when pushed together, one set is just inaccessible.