Panorama Single Digit Dance!

Kingsmom

9 days, 22 hours and 29 minutes!!!

I've never done the single digit dance but I am now!!! 

We are headed out on the Panorama next Saturday for the 6 night cruise to Cabo (2 days) + Ensenada (1 day).  My DH and I have only ever cruised once before way back in 2004.  So we are very excited. 

I've been religiously following all of the "lives" on the Panorama (as well as other ships and lines) and although I won't be doing one myself, I am happy to look into anything anyone is curious about.  I do plan to write a brief report when we return.  I'll also try to get details from my older teen and his buddy on what they liked and didn't.  I've had a hard time finding info from an older teens perspective on cruising and the Panorama in particular.  

If you had to pick your top 3 MUST DO's on Panorama, what would they be?

Edited to add:  DH and I have Cheers, boys have BB and none of us have WIFI or specialty dining (yet). 

Edited by Kingsmom
  • Like 2

Congrats and Enjoy!  We cruised on the Panorama last March...we are a group of single moms and all sailed with our teenage sons (they play football together) so any questions let me know.  Our teens had a great time but I can warn in advance for them not to have too high expectations for the trampoline park (VERY tiny).  But our group of teens thoroughly enjoyed the ropes course, sky ride, water slides and pools, bball tournament, mini putt and most of all Guys Burgers....they would literally compete with each other on who ate the most burgers that day "I had 7 burgers!!" "Well I had 8!!!" lol....

Here is one piece of advice I have...REQUIRE them go to their teen club the first night (personally I only require it night one) as its level ground and none of the kids know anyone....they will usually find some similar teens and hang out with them the rest of the trip....We barely saw ours....we required them to eat breakfast with us and dinner with us and otherwise they spent most of the time with the group of kids they met.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, cacruisin said:

Congrats and Enjoy!  We cruised on the Panorama last March...we are a group of single moms and all sailed with our teenage sons (they play football together) so any questions let me know.  Our teens had a great time but I can warn in advance for them not to have too high expectations for the trampoline park (VERY tiny).  But our group of teens thoroughly enjoyed the ropes course, sky ride, water slides and pools, bball tournament, mini putt and most of all Guys Burgers....they would literally compete with each other on who ate the most burgers that day "I had 7 burgers!!" "Well I had 8!!!" lol....

Here is one piece of advice I have...REQUIRE them go to their teen club the first night (personally I only require it night one) as its level ground and none of the kids know anyone....they will usually find some similar teens and hang out with them the rest of the trip....We barely saw ours....we required them to eat breakfast with us and dinner with us and otherwise they spent most of the time with the group of kids they met.

Thank you for this.  Good to know about the trampoline park! I will make sure they go to the teen club on that first night at least.  I think your comment about it being level ground is important.  They don't have to go back after that if they don't want to but should at least go on Day 1.  I'll make sure to pack some Tums for all the burgers. 😉 I love it that your group of boys enjoyed themselves!  Sounds like a fun trip.  

• Like 1

I am so happy for you! 

We have been on the Panorama a few times and will be going again next month.  We love the Panorama and everything it has to offer.  I hope you and your family have a great time.   

If you enjoy live musical productions, Celestial Stings is a must see (the best I have ever seen).  We also enjoyed the shows Broadway Beats and Rock Revolution.  

Our favorite restaurants are Fahrenheit 555, Blue Iguana and Seafood Shack.  

In over 30 cruises, we have never once been to a deck party until this past cruise on the Panorama when we stumbled upon the 80's deck party.  We had so much fun, and we will definitely go again. 

The adult gameshow The Quest was a riot. It is definitely not for everyone, but it was extremely entertaining and funny.    

Again, I am so happy for you, and I hope you have a great time!  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Kingsmom said:

We are headed out on the Panorama next Saturday for the 6 night cruise to Cabo (2 days) + Ensenada (1 day).  My DH and I have only ever cruised once before way back in 2004.  So we are very excited. 

I've been religiously following all of the "lives" on the Panorama (as well as other ships and lines) and although I won't be doing one myself, I am happy to look into anything anyone is curious about.  I do plan to write a brief report when we return.  I'll also try to get details from my older teen and his buddy on what they liked and didn't.  I've had a hard time finding info from an older teens perspective on cruising and the Panorama in particular.  

Edited to add:  DH and I have Cheers, boys have BB and none of us have WIFI or specialty dining (yet). 

Have a great  cruise!

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, ASR1996 said:

I am so happy for you! 

We have been on the Panorama a few times and will be going again next month.  We love the Panorama and everything it has to offer.  I hope you and your family have a great time.   

If you enjoy live musical productions, Celestial Stings is a must see (the best I have ever seen).  We also enjoyed the shows Broadway Beats and Rock Revolution.  

Our favorite restaurants are Fahrenheit 555, Blue Iguana and Seafood Shack.  

In over 30 cruises, we have never once been to a deck party until this past cruise on the Panorama when we stumbled upon the 80's deck party.  We had so much fun, and we will definitely go again. 

The adult gameshow The Quest was a riot. It is definitely not for everyone, but it was extremely entertaining and funny.    

Again, I am so happy for you, and I hope you have a great time!  

Thank you!  I'm ready to test my ability to stay up after 10:00 to enjoy all of the fun.  I have my 80's wear already set aside!  I appreciate all the info.

How exciting!  Panorama is my favorite ship.  We've sailed her twice.

We LOVE having dinner at the steakhouse.  The piano bar is next door and they open the wall so you can enjoy some music during dinner.  This is one of my favorite parts of the ship.

The arcade is small and the prizes are crappy.  But I think that's pretty much every ship.

We enjoyed Pig and Anchor a lot, mostly for drinks.  We seemed to see the same people there every night.  We also did the brewery tour, which was fun and interesting.  

Deion, the cruise director, was a lot of fun.  We don't usually pay attention to the cruise directors, but he was pretty awesome.

Have a blast!

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Kingsmom said:

We're on the same cruise. First time on Panorama, first time in an inside cabin and first time in Havana area. No kids with us so no pointers on that but it sounds like there's some great options. 

For those recommending Quest, is it interactive for everyone, or only certain participants? I'd love to watch but not necessarily participate, if that makes sense. 

• Like 1

The Quest we attended on the Panorama was 100% voluntary.  You could participate if you wanted to or just watch. If I remember correctly, the cruise director, divided the Limelight Lounge into sections that then became the teams.  So, I guess technically, if you are in the Lounge, you are on a team, but you do not have to participate. We just cheered for our team.  We did not participate.    

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1