UK Peninsula club

Hello 

I have just booked a cruise on Pacific Explorer in March 2025 (Singapore to Perth) , and its the first time sailing P&O Australia (first time even visiting Australia).   We are coming from Wales and regularly cruise with P&O UK, but I cannot seems to see if  P&O Peninsula club is recognised on P&O Australia.  Will I get the benefits and points?

As far as I am aware, P&O Australia does not have a loyalty programme. However, any cruise on a P&O Australia ship earns points with Princess.

Please be aware that P&O Australia is a budget cruise line and probably quite different to P&O UK. Their 3 ships are ex Princess (Explorer is the former Dawn Princess) and tend to be older. Explorer is around 27 years old. We have sailed on her sister ship, Pacific Encounter, which from memory is around 22 years old. We honestly don't mind the older ships. The cabins might be a bit tired, but they're comfortable and the public areas are modern. What I'm trying to say is that if you go on board not expecting a Britannia or Azura experience, you won't be disappointed.

Wishing you a great cruise.

Hi Welshy

Yes, she was refurbed in 2020. Typically P&O update the public areas (very well in my opinion) and perhaps do the soft furnishings in the cabins. However, the cabins rarely get a major overhaul.

We've always had a good experience with P&O Australia. Sure, it's not perfect but we think it's value for money. You get what you pay for. We did a Caribbean cruise on Symphony when she was around 18 months old. Yes, she had the 'wow' factor and all the bells and whistles and we enjoyed ourselves, but we've had just as good a time sailing the South Pacific on the old Pacific Dawn (I think she was around 22 years old at the time. If you're ever around Tilbury, she's now sailing with Ambassador under the name Ambience) for a fraction of the cost and a LOT less people!🙂

And if, as you say, you're more interested in the itinerary you're way ahead.

Cheers

CeeCee

Edited by ceeceeDee