Does MSC for Me show routes? (also Nærøyfjord near Flåm)

allisonfamily

I can't find anyplace on the MSC website where it shows a detailed route map of where the ship is expected to be traveling.

Do the detailed routes show up on the "MSC for Me" app, while on-board, during transit?

I would love to get a detailed route ahead of time.

But maybe the app will at least show me where I *am*?

In a related question, when the port-of-call is Flåm, does the ship go down the famous Nærøyfjord?

Or do you have to take an "excursion" to get over to Nærøyfjord?

Thanks!

The app will not show any maps.

You can get a route map of your cruise from cruisetimetables.com or cruisemapper.com.  I think there is one on the MSC website of your itinerary.  You can track your progress on Marinetraffic.com.  The ship will sail down the fjord and dock or tender at Flaam.  But I don’t believe it is that fjord.  The sognefjord forks and they take the left fork.  EM

Thanks EM. Sad result. But good to know.

Indeed I found the very tiny map on the MSC website and cruisetimetables, and a zoomable map with a few more details on cruisemapper.

*Your* answer was the most helpful. If they take the left-hand fork going into Flaam, that's Aurlandsfjord (Nærøyfjord is the right-hand fork).

So about the MSCforME app ... what *does* it show while on board?  Does it show menus, or events, or any other daily news?

Again, thanks!

The app shows pretty much everything.

Wayfinder to your cabin and other Locations on the ship, chat with your cabin mates or you can add new friends while aboard the ship so you don't have to tell your phonenumber to others, Events, Menus, Security advices, an itenary of the day with common events, your personal itenary (i.e. your appointments in spa or the booking in the speciality Restaurants or your booked excursions), excursions, informations on the ship and your receipt with all your expenses and network related stuff to manage your online devices....listing isn't complete....

Edited by Mezqal