Cancellation Fees?

Brewster

Hi, 

I had to cancel our cruise in May due to my spouse's current medical diagnosis (I do have travel insurance but I am not sure if I'll be able to recover due the "medical discovery look back in the policy). It's possible I will get my funds back and it's possible I will not. I cancelled my NCL cruise at Day 96 so the penalty is 25% of the fare paid. I am fine with that. However, our agency just processed the credit and took way more than 25%. NCL won't provide me any information on how the calculation is done. I just want to get back what I am entitled to. Just wondering, I understand cruise fare is charged at the 25% but are the port taxes and fees also charged at this amount normally? Even if the port taxes are charged at 25%, the agent still refunded me a lot less than what I thought I was supposed to get. I know I can dispute this with my credit card company but also wanted to also understand what I am fully entitled to receive back before I dispute anything. Thanks in advance. 

NCL has a blizzare way of doing refunds, depending on how you paid. So it may be coming back in pieces. They normally have to credit back to the original source, so would need to reverse each payment you made.