NCL Breakaway March 3-10 from New Orleans semi-live

15 hours ago, RWK1952 said:

Okay.  I just reviewed the Terms and Conditions for this updated CruiseFirst offer.  it supercedes a previous similar offer that expired back in January.  This one must be applied for between today (Mar 15th) and March 21st.  This must be for a new, 6+ day cruise reservation, booked at least 120 days in advance of departure.  However, the credit does NOT expire as I read it.  Which means you can pay the $250 now, and lock in a $500 credit on your next Norwegian cruise.

However, included in the policy is the following clause which leaves ME out, unfortunately.

1. CFC(s) are not applicable towards cancelled/rebooked reservations. If a guest with an existing reservation cancels and rebooks the same ship and sail date with a CFC, the CFC will be removed.

Oh well.  At least this might help someone else looking on CruiseCritic who may be considering a future reservation but has not yet made the $250 down payment.

I may just create a new post about this CruiseFirst program to hopefully make it known to anyone looking at NCL cruises on CruiseCritic in the next week.

So nice to see someone who properly does their research and reads the fine print to make sure they have all the details. I know on our first cruise there was nothing major that caught me off guard or was unexpected because I made sure to read everything I could. So many people you see posting cruise reviews filled with complaints about things that are clearly detailed somewhere if you just spend a couple minutes looking before you get on the ship. 

Thanks for taking the time to share this semi-live report.  I have been looking at this cruise and your posts have been very helpful.  On NCL's website, several of the ports on this cruise are flagged as "dock or tender".  Based on your comments and pictures, it looks like you docked at every port.  Is that correct or did you have to use tenders anywhere?

Thanks again.

2 hours ago, Ramblin and Gamblin said:

Thanks for taking the time to share this semi-live report.  I have been looking at this cruise and your posts have been very helpful.  On NCL's website, several of the ports on this cruise are flagged as "dock or tender".  Based on your comments and pictures, it looks like you docked at every port.  Is that correct or did you have to use tenders anywhere?

Thanks again.

Docked everywhere. The only port where any ship had to tender was Roatan. There were two Carnival ships docked together further down the shore. Us and the Harmony of the Seas were docked together and the Enchantment of the Seas came later and had to tender. The Harmony left first and once it did the Enchantment took that spot for the rest of the day. 

On 3/16/2024 at 4:23 PM, Ramblin and Gamblin said:

Thanks again.

Roatan and Cozumel can potentially be tender ports if there are too many ships in port on the same day and they run out of piers. A rare occurrence.

there’s also the chance of piers getting damaged and reducing capacity as happened in the past at Harvest Caye and Roatan. Harvest Caye currently only has 1 pier but NCLH controls the schedule there so unless someone wrecks the pier again you shouldn’t be at risk of having to tender there. 

15 minutes ago, eileeshb said:

Roatan and Cozumel can potentially be tender ports if there are too many ships in port on the same day and they run out of piers. A rare occurrence.

there’s also the chance of piers getting damaged and reducing capacity as happened in the past at Harvest Caye and Roatan. Harvest Caye currently only has 1 pier but NCLH controls the schedule there so unless someone wrecks the pier again you shouldn’t be at risk of having to tender there. 

Thanks! Very helpful.  DW uses a mobility scooter so tender ports are basically extra sea days for us.  This will help us know what to expect.

On 3/18/2024 at 5:34 PM, Ramblin and Gamblin said:

Thanks! Very helpful.  DW uses a mobility scooter so tender ports are basically extra sea days for us.  This will help us know what to expect.

When looking at booking a cruise the NCL website will tell you if you should expect a tender port or not. For example here’s a cruise we’re booked on next year. 
https://www.ncl.com/ca/en/cruises/14-day-transatlantic-from-new-york-to-london-france-and-ireland-PEARL14NYCHALFSPSJFREYBFSDUNLEHSOU?embarkationport=4294949364&sailMonths=4294949338&numberOfGuests=4294949461&sortBy=featured&autoPopulate=f&from=resultpage&itineraryCode=PEARL14NYCHALFSPSJFREYBFSDUNLEHSOU

If you scroll down to cruise itinerary overview it lists the plans for each day including the times in port. Here it will also specify if the port will use a tender as in this case:

IMG_9596.thumb.jpeg.a272ed9c25a0470cc407bea9ee2d781f.jpeg

This is of course subject to change just like any itinerary is but should give you an idea what to expect before booking. 

• Thanks 1