First MSC cruise

sailorx2

We took a cruise out of Barcelona on MSC and were absolutely disappointed in it.  Not so much in the ship which was actually beautiful and the food was actually pretty good especially in the dining room but in the clientele which were mostly a bunch of drunk soccer fans and rude and obnoxious.  The Europeans treat the staff on the ships like garbage and have no respect whatsoever for the other passengers on the boat.  We will give MSC a try over here back in the States and hope that you know they can turn it around a bit.  The prices are terrific and like I said the food is not that bad at all but oh my God the my first initial thoughts with what I found on the European sailing were pretty bad.  .

We’ve sailed many times with MSC in the Med and have never experienced anything like you’ve described.  You must have been very unlucky with your sail dates.

As for rudeness - it’s not an exclusive trait in Europeans;  I’ve come across some extremely rude Americans in my time onboard.  But I’ve also met, and enjoyed the company of, some wonderful Americans (and Europeans) too. 

• Like 4

On 2/14/2024 at 7:43 AM, Beamafar said:

We’ve sailed many times with MSC in the Med and have never experienced anything like you’ve described.  You must have been very unlucky with your sail dates.

As for rudeness - it’s not an exclusive trait in Europeans;  I’ve come across some extremely rude Americans in my time onboard.  But I’ve also met, and enjoyed the company of, some wonderful Americans (and Europeans) too. 

Exactly.  Every cruise is a completely different set of passengers. 

• Like 2

On 2/14/2024 at 7:04 AM, sailorx2 said:

We took a cruise out of Barcelona on MSC and were absolutely disappointed in it.  Not so much in the ship which was actually beautiful and the food was actually pretty good especially in the dining room but in the clientele which were mostly a bunch of drunk soccer fans and rude and obnoxious.  The Europeans treat the staff on the ships like garbage and have no respect whatsoever for the other passengers on the boat.  We will give MSC a try over here back in the States and hope that you know they can turn it around a bit.  The prices are terrific and like I said the food is not that bad at all but oh my God the my first initial thoughts with what I found on the European sailing were pretty bad.  .

I am onboard the Divina out of Miami now. I have been told that there are 3000 Europeans onboard and only 600-800 Americans. I really haven't encountered much more rudeness than any other cruise I've been on. That is to say there are a few bad apples, but don't let them spoil the bunch.