Today I went to pay off *our 6/1/24 cruise on Beyond and balance changed

beener56

The balance left to pay was $2000 more than our original invoice.  After spending 45 minutes on hold with Celebrity it turns our our original perks package was dropped from our reservation.  We got it fixed but wanted to share this experience.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, beener56 said:

The balance left to pay was $2000 more than our original invoice.  After spending 45 minutes on hold with Celebrity it turns our our original perks package was dropped from our reservation.  We got it fixed but wanted to share this experience.  

Thanks for the reminder! It's too bad this happens but we just need to keep vigilant on our accounts.

Make sure you keep up with it. They charged me $2384 the day after I booked our cruise and paid in full. Not only did they charge me but they billed my credit card. I called and got it straightened out and it took a few days to get my credit back to the card. Fast forward several weeks and I look at the reservation and it just appeared again and said if I didn’t pay it my cruise would be cancelled. Called again and they took care of it. I’ve got several emails showing a zero balance yet for some reason it keeps dropping my state rate and charging me again. So this was long but make sure you keep up with it because if I had not caught it I would’ve showed up to board and it would’ve been too bad for me because they would’ve sold my room to someone else

And the insurance I chose when I signed up for our upcoming Apex cruise was dropped along the way. Celebrity has a terrible system and you need to review every invoice. In our case we would have lost our pre-existing condition coverage if I did not retain proof of our enrollment at the time of our initial deposit.

I am still trying to get my airfare returned from a canceled cruise before final payment.  Resolutions has been alerted, but no information why this is happening.  I was also charged more for my cruise because I paid early.  It is all so frustrating because these issues happen all the time, so nothing has changed.  Celebrity keeps changing their own rules regardless of when you booked.  Yes…watch everything all the time and keep hard copies too!  To be fair, it is not just Celebrity.  

Edited by Lastdance