Rolling Stone Lounge

28 minutes ago, TMJplus1 said:

amazing band at BB King's, and the dueling piano bar.

BB Kings is now Rolling Stones Rock Room.  On most ships the dual (not dueling) pianos have been replaced by one piano player.  Both venues were excellent on my recently disembarked Oosterdam cruise.

• 6 months later...

We're on oosterdam at the moment, our first HA cruise.  The rolling stone band was pretty incredible.  Amazing female vocalist (reminded us of queen latifa!).  They were very loud! We also saw two pianos face to face nearby, but we didn't care for it (just average). 

We didn't see much of interest on world stage (some artsy dance stuff mainly) plus a classical trio with too much amplification - but I'll admit we didn't do much research as to the schedule so we may have missed something better. 

We just got off a Viking Ocean Cruise last month and we really miss the atrium with a near-continuous pianist plus a piano/violin duo. But Viking doesn't have any equivalent to rolling stone. 

Biggest surprise to me is that the oosterdam has several lounge-like areas along deck 2 that are virtually unused, and almost totally dark - curtains drawn, not inviting at all.  The Viking ocean ship was overflowing with bright, inviting seating areas where you could read a book or enjoy a quiet drink.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

18 hours ago, Steerpike58 said:

Biggest surprise to me is that the oosterdam has several lounge-like areas along deck 2 that are virtually unused, and almost totally dark - curtains drawn, not inviting at all.  The Viking ocean ship was overflowing with bright, inviting seating areas where you could read a book or enjoy a quiet drink.  

@Steerpike58  Have you tried the Crow's Nest for reading, viewing and a drink?  Also, on Oosterdam and other Vista Class ships I enjoy sitting by the window in the Ocean Bar to read in the afternoon and have a drink too!  They should have a band there playing maybe three sets per evening that is at a volume amenable to conversation and some people dance.  I like the Vista ships!

Continue having a good time on Oosterdam!

~Nancy

Edited by oakridger
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1