Just got home from getaway February 6-16 fabulous activities!

Joesantos

Just got home from getaway and the activities staff were excellent!

Alex Stenko the assistant cruise director was everywhere hosting and dancing and just so much fun. The entire staff including Attila and Paul and Grace and a Colombian girl who taught an amazing Zumba type class were all very fun including a tall redhead staff member who was from UK and so friendly and helpful to everyone. 
7 am stretch and abs class free in gym, followed by fun type Zumba class in Bliss lounge at 8:30 am. Dancing classes with burn the floor dancers absolutely amazing. Live band Cutterz by pool was exceptional. Playing reggae and rock music. Dj by pool very accommodating.Duo of Latin music with nightly dance in sugarcane mojitos bar was great. Piano guy even did a country night with line dancing by mojitos bar. Drinks were great. Food adequate but not fantastic. Great ship and theme parties well attended in Spice H20 and Alex and company had everyone dancing.

Ate at Cagney 3 times very good and ocean blue once okay 

American grill is free now and nice burgers 🍔 and Greek salads and banana daquari!

Osheehan pub was good 

Tropicana had burn the floor dancing too.

Million dollar quartet was great and burn the floor excellent.

Comedians were good for one show and no new material on second so one and done.

No Bermuda and NCL graciously gave us $20.00 each onboard credit, so nice of them, on other cruises they replaced with St. Martin. Never ever saw the captain nor the cruise director so who could you ask?

NCL continues to have the best activities and is a lot of fun…..but food needs improvement!

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Joesantos said:

Just got home from getaway and the activities staff were excellent!

Alex Stenko the assistant cruise director was everywhere hosting and dancing and just so much fun. The entire staff including Attila and Paul and Grace and a Colombian girl who taught an amazing Zumba type class were all very fun including a tall redhead staff member who was from UK and so friendly and helpful to everyone. 
7 am stretch and abs class free in gym, followed by fun type Zumba class in Bliss lounge at 8:30 am. Dancing classes with burn the floor dancers absolutely amazing. Live band Cutterz by pool was exceptional. Playing reggae and rock music. Dj by pool very accommodating.Duo of Latin music with nightly dance in sugarcane mojitos bar was great. Piano guy even did a country night with line dancing by mojitos bar. Drinks were great. Food adequate but not fantastic. Great ship and theme parties well attended in Spice H20 and Alex and company had everyone dancing.

Ate at Cagney 3 times very good and ocean blue once okay 

American grill is free now and nice burgers 🍔 and Greek salads and banana daquari!

Osheehan pub was good 

Tropicana had burn the floor dancing too.

Million dollar quartet was great and burn the floor excellent.

Comedians were good for one show and no new material on second so one and done.

No Bermuda and NCL graciously gave us $20.00 each onboard credit, so nice of them, on other cruises they replaced with St. Martin. Never ever saw the captain nor the cruise director so who could you ask?

NCL continues to have the best activities and is a lot of fun…..but food needs improvement!

Sounds like you had a great time!  Thanks for sharing 

• Like 1

Glad to hear it!  We board Getaway in 62 days!  Do you recall if they had Broadway Unplugged?  Loved it last year and hoping to see again with family who haven't seen it yet.   I love that we have 4 sea days (and Vibe passes). Really looking forward to this itinerary.  

I knew that somewhere out there was someone who actually enjoyed activities on a NCL ship.  Wish I could say the same, but our last few cruises, we have found absolutely nothing on the schedule that interests us.  Glad you had a good time.

• Like 2

thanks for the review.

i was on the cruise immediately preceding you. and so i have just one question... who are all those people? i never saw any of them! attila and paul and grace and the colombian girl and the tall UK redhead? no idea.

i would agree that the cruise director was rather aloof and MIA...never saw him except at the end of shows when he did announcements. 

we also skipped bermuda, but we were given $25 OBC, not $20. and, yes, it was nice of them in the sense that they often don't do it, but they are basically refunding a portion of your port fees.

i thought "million dollar quartet" was sensational, but "burn the floor" bored me to tears. it was the most antiseptic dance review i've ever seen. no chemistry among the cast members the night i saw it. 

2 hours ago, TenForward said:

Do you recall if they had Broadway Unplugged?

they did on the 1/27 cruise.

same cast, essentially, as MDQ, so as long as MDQ is listed, it's a fairly safe bet that they will have at least two performances of "broadway unplugged." 

Edited by UKstages
  • Like 1

On 2/17/2024 at 6:25 PM, TenForward said:

Completely forgot to ask - did you dock at Amber Cover or Taino Bay in the DR?  TIA

Taino Bay the place with free lazy river. Another big pool but very loud music so we got off early and went by lazy river. More quiet. Some music but not blaring. Many shops but everything was expensive. Did buy a bottle of vanilla though. Last year 2023 on Getaway in February we went to the other port where they had a lazy river but it was only for Carnival cruise so we cab ride to a lousy beach. Very confusing DR

• Like 1

On 2/17/2024 at 5:30 PM, UKstages said:

thanks for the review.

i was on the cruise immediately preceding you. and so i have just one question... who are all those people? i never saw any of them! attila and paul and grace and the colombian girl and the tall UK redhead? no idea.

i would agree that the cruise director was rather aloof and MIA...never saw him except at the end of shows when he did announcements. 

we also skipped bermuda, but we were given $25 OBC, not $20. and, yes, it was nice of them in the sense that they often don't do it, but they are basically refunding a portion of your port fees.

i thought "million dollar quartet" was sensational, but "burn the floor" bored me to tears. it was the most antiseptic dance review i've ever seen. no chemistry among the cast members the night i saw it. 

they did on the 1/27 cruise.

same cast, essentially, as MDQ, so as long as MDQ is listed, it's a fairly safe bet that they will have at least two performances of "broadway unplugged." 

Yes Broadway unplugged was great. Zumba type class every day in Bliss or by pool with different activities staff. Same in atrium with different activities staff. All of them in Bliss lounge late at night. All of them in Spice H20 for theme parties, ‘70’s, 80’s, Latin night, glow party, plus a hilarious improv movie night. All on schedule. 

On 2/17/2024 at 3:12 PM, TenForward said:

Glad to hear it!  We board Getaway in 62 days!  Do you recall if they had Broadway Unplugged?  Loved it last year and hoping to see again with family who haven't seen it yet.   I love that we have 4 sea days (and Vibe passes). Really looking forward to this itinerary.  

Yes Broadway unplugged. Bring your highlighter and mark your schedule otherwise you’ll miss it. In Tropicana burn the floor dancers performing different nights too.

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/21/2024 at 12:36 AM, nw2this said:

What time and days was Burn in the Tropicana?  Was the Zumba class free?

Burn the floor performance in Tropicana was on 2 different nights towards end of cruise, dancing class with them once towards end!

Zumba type class was on sea days and later port days freeeee!

in Bliss lounge or by pool check your schedule and highlight it or you miss out.

• Like 1