Roseau, Dominica Shore excursion tour or go on own independently

Onelove24

Hi. I will be getting on a cruise that visits Roseau, Dominica. Is it safe and easy to explore on our own by grabbing a taxi from the port/cruise terminal? My main interests are visiting the beach in a leisurely way and also taking in some of the city/island highlights. Most tours have very little time at beach so I would rather do an island tour /visit main attractions and visit the beach before or after. Any tours or tour operators you recommend? Which beach do you recommend?

2 hours ago, Onelove24 said:

Hi. I will be getting on a cruise that visits Roseau, Dominica. Is it safe and easy to explore on our own by grabbing a taxi from the port/cruise terminal? My main interests are visiting the beach in a leisurely way and also taking in some of the city/island highlights. Most tours have very little time at beach so I would rather do an island tour /visit main attractions and visit the beach before or after. Any tours or tour operators you recommend? Which beach do you recommend?

It’s safe and easy to take a cab, who will be happy to give one a tour to the beach, then a beach stop at Mero Beach, then a tour on way back to port.

Just back from Roseau stop.  Yes, you can get a taxi to Mero Beach, $30 each way, ~30 min drive.  I would give it a pass.  Stay on the ship if you just want to enjoy the sun.  Chairs are hard plastic.  Umbrellas are OK if you look around at the different beach bars. ($20 for 2 chairs and umbrella) Beach is in a small town, on the main road and not peaceful.  I love beaches, but would not go back to Mero.  There are tours to the waterfalls and sulfur springs, but also long drives on not the best roads.