Trying to decide. Orlando/Port Canaveral

I am booked on Mardi Gras in August. It would be myself, DH and DS age 7.  We were looking to go a day early rent a car stay in Disney Springs area then drive to the port next morning drop off luggage/family and the return car. After reading the vlogs I see where this maybe kind of chaotic. Now I'm thinking to use GoPort Fly Snooze Cruise staying at a hotel near the airport, rent a car for the day, return the car later that night and have the GoPort shuttle for transportation to and from the cruise. The last option it looks like I'll save some money and less hastle. What do you guys think?  Any suggestions.

Price it out both ways. It's not really chaotic at all. If you're a Costco member check their rate for your car rental picking it up at MCO and then returning it to Cape Canaveral. Since it's just 3 of you you can easily take their shuttle to the port. When we've been a larger group we have dropped off first at the port and then one person returns the car and shuttles back. 

If you need a shuttle to return back to MCO after your cruise I'll suggest Cruise Control.

Edited by Ashland