Aft Balcony on Epic

pcrum

Hi:

We are booked on the NCL Epic transatlantic cruise in April.  We booked a balcony cabin and I see now that there is an aft balcony on deck 8 for slightly less than we paid.  We are on a higher floor, deck 14, which is our preferred location, due to being able to take the stairs up one flight to the buffet to bring back snacks to the room while we are dressing.  I know the rule about not booking directly under the pool deck, but we had a room on that deck on our last TA in 2019 and loved it.  We have had an aft balcony once before on Celebrity Summit and loved it too.  I'm hesitstant to switch, knowing that we will have a long trek up to deck 15 for snacks, but I'm wondering if the aft balcony would be worth it.  I am seeking opinions from seasoned cruisers...

If it makes a difference, our last TA in 2019, Port Canaveral to Barcelona, was smooth as glass with no rough seas.  Hoping for the same for this cruise, which is Port Canaveral to Rome.

Thank you!

My 2 cents. I had an aft balcony some time ago on the Epic (2012 or 2013) it was a great cruise, but my chief complaint as well as others who had an aft balcony was the soot that settled on the balcony daily. Almost like it was some sort of design flaw the way the soot would collect back there, I don't know if it's still a thing as the ship has had a dry dock since. 

• Like 1

We have had aft balconies 3 times on Epic, cabins 11313 twice and 11314.  Never had any problems with noise or soot.  The balconies are huge, had two chairs, a table and two recliners.  We have 11314 booked for Greek Isles next Spring.  Love the Epic aft balconies!