Going on NCL joy from Miami, but I'm from the UK. Do I pay the FAS gratuities?

I am confused about the $21 per day gratuity for FAS customers. Some posts seem to suggest UK cruisers like me (Who paid £149 to have FAS) don't need to pay this.

But the cruise itself is in the US.

Can anyone advise?

dont now about UK protocol,  but I do know as long as the ship is docked, if you grab a drink, you will be charged state sales tax.  Even if you have the drink package, you won't be charged for the drink, but the sales tax on that drink will show on your invoice.  

That would probably depend on how you book the cruise.  If you book through the UK site (or call the UK phone number to book) or a UK TA it would follow the UK pricing and policies.  If you book through a US-based TA, use the US site or call the US number for NCL you would get the US pricing/policies.

1 hour ago, edin_cruiser said:

I am confused about the $21 per day gratuity for FAS customers. Some posts seem to suggest UK cruisers like me (Who paid £149 to have FAS) don't need to pay this.

Can anyone advise?

The 21$/day gratuity for the FAS drinks package in the US/Canada bookings are itemized in our  booking invoice and collected as part of the cruise payment before the cruise.

My "understanding" was in the UK, the drinks package and associated grats are priced/itemized differently, 

In both cases I "believe" there are no extra gratuities (except while in US ports that collect additional taxes which would apply equally to all cruisers)

2 hours ago, edin_cruiser said:

Can anyone advise?

The pricing of your cruise, and additions like free at sea are based on where the cruise is booked, rather than where you sail from, so the fact that your cruise leaves the US is irrelevant.

In the UK we get charged the fixed free at see fee, rather than the gratuities, so you can totally ignore any reference to them as long as you booked in the UK.

As mentioned above you will be charged taxes in some ports, as can happen in many places around the world (including the UK sometimes).