How long needed for EWR to JFK?

3 hours ago, BOB999 said:

TSA at JFK will allow access to other terminals with any valid JFK boarding pass.  Given the Amex Lounge, Chase Lounge and other Priority Pass lounges are in T4, the TSA there is used to people doing this.  I've done it myself.

If you have the Chase Sapphire Reserve, the associated Priority Pass can also be used at the Bobby Van's Steakhouse in T8 for a $28 per person credit.

Good to know!  Thank you!!

2 hours ago, jollyjones said:

AA generally starts boarding 45 mins before flight time, sometimes earlier for transatlantic flights. 
I would allow at least a minimum of 30 mins to get from your T4 lounge to the T8 gate, but that assumes the train and the TSA lanes are working well, and that you walk briskly. 
I assume nothing, I have been in the TSA pre-check lane for ages when there was a shortage of staff. Personally I’d leave T4 two hours before my flight time, many would say that’s too much but I work on the principle that hours early always beats seconds too late. 
It will take you at least 30 mins, probably longer, from your CLT flight arriving at the T8 gate to getting into the T4 lounge so your 6 hour layover is in reality much less!

I have many long layovers at T8 and just stay there airside, but I am an Admiral’s club member which makes a difference. 

PS I’d recommend getting the free myTSA app, it’s useful. 

I'm the same.  I'm always early everywhere because I don't want to be late.  And I certainly wouldn't want to miss our flights to Italy!  Thank you!  We are not Admiral's Club members.  We aren't frequent fliers.  Thanks for the heads up on the app too!